1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis Interview on 97.9 The Box

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alexdapooh, Aug 24, 2007.

1. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

He probably is more skilled individually. But this is a Team sport and Booby knew his role on the team. Steve is more skilled but does steve have more team skills to play his role better than bobby jackson. It aint about steve alone it's about the team can steve do waht is aksed for a him for the good of the team.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well i was hoping francis was humbled but clearly the dude sounds like he still doesn't get it.

3. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

He'll get humbeled when he see's that his individual game won't work in training camp. Adelman is going to put the best players around tracy and yao that compliment their games and if steve has taht franc

4. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

He'll get humbled when he see's that his individual game won't work in training camp. Adelman is going to put the best players around tracy and yao that compliment their games and if steve has that franchise ego and doesn't blend his game into the team, He will be on the second team.

5. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

you are preaching to the choir. steve knows that if he doesn't play team ball, he is gone.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

steve is not a star anymore. he's simply a role player, the 3rd/4th/5th options on this team. hell some games, we might not even need him much.

7. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Still he may have to face the reality that his game is best fit coming off the bench in this system.

8. bobmc

bobmc Member

I agree with your summation of what will be needed from Steve but I really think you need to cut him some slack on his attitude. You (and others) are making assumptions on how poor his attitude will be before he has even got on the floor. I for one am glad to see he still has his cockiness. Thats just Steve, his attitude feeds his confidence. I am sure he has grown in his understanding of BB in general and he fully realizes things will be different this time around. I think he will be willing to make whatever adjustments are necessary to serve the team. After all his goal is the same as the teams and that is to win the championship.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If he doesn't get it now he won't get it in training camp.

10. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Matt's interview was actually taped from the day when Stevie was in studio to interview with Jim Rome.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Christ. I wasn't terribly excited when this signing happened and it's looking worse and worse. Steve Francis obviously wants to be an all-star again. There is no room for a third all-star on this team! Oh, he says he's going to be a team player now, that he's matured, that he's not going to dribble out the shot clock? WE'VE HEARD THE SAME THING EVERY OFFSEASON OF HIS CAREER. He is what he is! A dribbling cross-over artist. Like if Shania Twain had a stroke or something.

There has never been a "new" Steve Francis. We know EXACTLY how he's going to play. His tenure under Van Gundy proved that he's willing to listen to his coaches, but I really doubt he has the TOOLS needed to excel in Adelman's motion offense.

12. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Steve Francis said on Radio 610 today he still thinks he can still score 30 pts on any given night. lol

13. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

He said the other day that even if JVG were coach, he would have still come back because he's matured and didn't understand back then what winning was all about.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm still at work and haven't heard either of today's interviews, but SF may be playing it up a bit. He's isn't stupid and knows adjustments are needed. I think he may have problems actually carrying out the adjustments but let's wait and see.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if he had a couple of 30 point games this season. Even in Adelman's pass-happy motion offense, the PG on this team will still have huge scoring opportunities.

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

that's very easy to say that when JVG is NOT here. bonzi said the same thing and i doubt he'll bother to come back to us or have motivation to get in shape to help us.

16. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Bingo.

This is how Steve Francis is. He talks things up to show he is in control. Like how he was always talking about how he'll play the way he wants to play and won't adjust. Total BS. Steve is as unselfish as it gets. Come on, I was one of his biggest critics and even I recognize this. That guy completely sacrificed his entire game that year with Van Gundy for the betterment of the team. They had to beg him to shoot. His perceived "selfishness" stems from the fact that he has to take 100 dribbles to get a shot off and the fact that he can't keep his mouth shut and says some really dumb things. The guy has a huge ego, no doubt. But he has always done what the team has asked of him and that won't change.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ask the same question to T-mac. .what does he say?

If you don't think you #1 . .then you are right . .and why should anyone else think so?

Ego is what gets them to the NBA . . to expect them to change is just unrealistic

To me anyway

Rocket River

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

anyone who thinks steve francis is better than bobby jackson has never seen bobby jackson play. i guarantee if we could trade francis for the sac-town bobby jackson, morey would do it in a FLASH. hell id trade francis for leandro barbosa.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bobby jackson two years ago maybe.

20. Asian Sensation

Who wouldn't trade Francis for Barbosa?