1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Steve francis 19 pt 7 rbs 6 ast and ......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowmt01, Oct 12, 2004.

1. xcharged

xcharged Member

C. Mobley 24pts, 9-16, 3 to's, 1blk, 3-6 3pt

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I was thinking the same thing. I think WITHOUT A DOUBT they are. Remember, they are trying to get a NEW BUILDING there. So they are trying to get the public to buy into the new team. It doesnt surprise me that the starters get the lions share of the minutes. Then again, with all the new players they need all the time they can get on the court to develop chemistry.

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Lakers and Sonics played their starters heavy minutes too, maybe the Rockets and Kings do the same tomorrow morning.

4. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

LMAO!!! :D

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I miss Steve too... :(

His enthusiasm was contagious, and he really did care about winning more than anyone could expect of him. I just wish his game was the kind that would work with this team....but I don't think it ever would have. Good luck in Orlando, Franchise. :(

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets did win more than they lost when Francis played. Therefore, the one L combined with him playing is not typical. I am not saying a W was typical either since the Rockets only had a +2 record in games Francis played, but besides Mobley he didn't have much help.

Shandon Anderson looked like a good player compared to other Rockets like Walt Williams.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't miss Francis! :)

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I miss Steve too, but I'm glad he's gone. It was time for a change and we got TMAC in return.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

gee ....its as if some of you are rooting against Francis ;)

obsessed

10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm rooting for this team. If Grant even gets close to his former self I wouldn't be surprised to see him controlling the ball in crucial minutes. That would be very interesting to see and I wonder how Francis would take that.

Distributing shots for them is going to be tough thing to do as well since mobley, francis, and grant are offensive guys but Grant and Mobley seem to be content doing all the little things though.

11. droxford

droxford Member

I liked Steve's heart and enthusiasm and enjoy watching him play.

I don't miss his game. But, watching the Rox-Heat, I don't miss Steve's game.

I think Grant Hill is fantastic, and I hope he has a great year. Hope he makes a huge comeback.

I don't think Steve will make it to a championship until he changes his playing/coaching attitude.

-- droxford

12. Toast

Toast Member

Go Stevie! Go Cat & Cato too!

Good to see them trying to establish some chemistry in their new digs.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He's gone and he's never coming back.

Let it go.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not to derail the Steve love-train,

BUT, looking at the boxscore, you have to be impressed with Memphis. Jason Williams, Posey and Bonzi weren't playing, but they still managed to rotate around a deep lineup where everyone was effective. I thought, and continue to withold judgement, that the Brian Cardinal pick-up was pointless, but they were able to give him 12 minutes and he put in 10 points. Stomile got a little bit of PT and put in 16 points.

I still think it is a style that is ineffective in the post-season, but they are going to be super-deep this year.

15. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Every time i feel bad about Steve, I just take a look at T-mac and i feel reallllllly good again :)

16. a-rock

a-rock Member

.....canĀ“t remember exactly, when was the official walt-williams bashing year? ;)

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And typical stupidmoniker hating on a meaningless preseason game.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Steve's percentage wasn't that hit, but did you see his free throws? 11 for 11. He took 12 shots and had 19 points. That's a pretty effective offensive night. Especially coupling that with 7 assists and 7 rebounds. Strong first night for Francis despite being a little crazy in the first quarter.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you left a stat out, hydra....8 hopskips downcourt ;)

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

When did Grant ever do that??