1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve and Cat on Goodwill Games Team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glyde22, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

It would be good to see the Rockets backcourt on the USA hoop squad.
    Rashard Lewis, Jermaine O’Neal, Wally Szczerbiak, and Shawn Marion are rumored to have already been chosen. I think Steve should especially get the nod after his All-Star snub.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Glyde22 (edited April 04, 2001).]

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They may be too old. I think it is a 22 and under team.

------------------

3. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

It sounds like they aren't going with a 22 and under team this year. I think the increased level of international competition has USA Basketball worried.

------------------

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

5. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I can't believe people still give them flack about their national anthem routine. I just heard some guy call in to the radio asking whether or not Francis would stop doing that if he got on the Goodwill team. Give me a break. By the way, if he's not in I'll be pissed.You can't name me 12 better players than him that are eligible, and I think he's a guy that the league wants to market.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited April 04, 2001).]

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Ahem...

WHY THE **** **** ***** ****** ******** *********** *************** WOULD THEY PICK WALLY SCUZDGEGTSTESAK, AND NOT PICK ANY OF THE ROCKETS?! THAT IS LUNACY. AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Thank you

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Francis, Langhi and Collier are the only eligible Rockets due to being drafted in the past 2 years. They haven't officially picked anyone yet.

------------------

[This message has been edited by bobrek (edited April 04, 2001).]

8. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Thank god for that, then.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

9. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Flip Saunders is the coach, so that's where the Szcerbiak connection is from. I wonder if McGrady would go, because he'd certainly get nominated.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited April 04, 2001).]

10. Jim1965

Jim1965 Member

Wally was the MVP of the rookie allstar game, in case your memory is that short. Also, I think Wally World would do very well in International competition. He would be very effective as a zone buster with his outside shooting.

Steve would not only do well, he would tear up international competition. I could see Steve breaking down the first player, drawing in the zone, and dishing for easy USA baskets. I think Steve's young legs would make him even better than Kidd or Payton at this point.

------------------
    Bob Rainey is my hero!

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I just don't think it would be right if Wally was selected before Francis or Mobley.

------------------

12. Ali Cat

Ali Cat Member

When do they select people and when are the Goodwill Games? During the summer I'm assuming. Where are they anyways?

------------------
    Poopy!
    And, yes, I have a boyfriend.

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Do you think the other teams will be so kind as to play zero defense like the Rookies did?

------------------
    Founder and President of the Houston Homers Club(HHC) - Are you a homer? Join now!

The Rockets will be NBA champions. Believe.