1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steubenville Rape Case

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by So Good, Jan 2, 2013.

1. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Sorry yeah I meant to imply the prison seeing as how they are all guilty of at LEAST obstruction of justice.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol sad but true

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Similar stuff happens at plenty of HS & College parties. Most just don't video tape admissions of rape.

4. VanityHalfBlack

And violence on the streets happens all the time too.;) Oh and people get cancer all the time, car accidents happens all the time.

5. DreamRoxCoogFan

the guys got what they deserved, but why is it okay for a girl to get out of control wasted and have zero responsibility for herself? scumbags will be scumbags, but how can you just expect to do whatever you want and not be aware of your surroundings?

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The gangbangs definitely happen if the designated alpha males on the team/clique are also sexually polygamous; but everyone's the same age, girls are usually as lucid as the guys and don't clearly say no or tell anyone afterwards.

7. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'd say a teen not knowing her limits for alcohol and gang rape are slightly different animals.

8. JD88

JD88 Member

Is it just me or does anyone else think the girl receives partial blame for the incident?

Kids at the party testified she was flirting with the boys, and she has to be held accountable for her actions somewhat. If she was drunk and laying in bed asleep and they jumped on her with no interaction, that's one thing, but she DID continually flirt with the boys and she DID leave rhe party with them despite her friends trying to convince her to stay, and she was KNOWN to consume large amounts of alcohol and act that way (per witnesses and students).

Does she get zero blame?

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yes. Are you serious? She's to blame for being raped while unconscious? WTF is wrong with you?

10. yo

yo Contributing Member

Are you serious? You can't really be that misogynistic, right?

11. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

They're being tried as juveniles right? Likely just a couple of years and they're out.

I don't think Ohio requires juveniles to register as lifetime sex offenders either.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to go into too much about her drinking but she deserves some sort of misdemeanor for being intoxicated like that. Yea we know a lot of highschool kids drink blah blah but there is a reason that the drinking age is what it is. Its because little ****head teens are going to do stupid crap. Getting drunk off your ass when it is illegal for you to do so in the first place should come with some sort of blame. Moreso than anything, to send a message to other kids that do the same.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

<object width="416" height="234" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embedwww&videoId=us/2013/03/15/pmt-lords-reveals-her-own-steubenville-experiences.cnn&contentId=us/2013/03/15/pmt-lords-reveals-her-own-steubenville-experiences.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embedwww&videoId=us/2013/03/15/pmt-lords-reveals-her-own-steubenville-experiences.cnn&contentId=us/2013/03/15/pmt-lords-reveals-her-own-steubenville-experiences.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="234"></embed></object>

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No. That is a rapist's mentality

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Damn. What high school and college did you go to??

16. VanityHalfBlack

You better go on outta here with that bullsh!t

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

How many people have you raped??

18. JD88

JD88 Member

e wasn't unconscious. Has anyone heard different, because as far as I know she instigated the action earlier into the night.

In my high school, a large black fella I played basketball with was hit with the rape excuse. Truth was, she had a boyfriend and didn't want him to find out, so she screamed rape.

Long story short, he was found not guilty because she admitted to lying. So you can believe the girl all you want but to me there is more to it then 'girl drinks and has sex then claims rape'. Sorry, it is what it is.

19. JD88

JD88 Member

This is my point. The boys should be charged with recording a sexual act with a minor, no doubt in my mind. The girl should be charged with possession and consumption of alcohol, no doubt in my mind.

But I haven't seen the video, and I wasn't there, but kids who were there said she was asking for it. So you can believe the girl who claims to not remember, or the numerous kids who were there, including her friends, that said she was in the wrong.