1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephon Marbury refuses to play

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tiger0330, Nov 21, 2008.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear Marbury is going to the Heat for Marion..............

2. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

from wherE? i doubt that.

3. Asian Sensation

D'antoni's been starting a back up at best illegitimate scrub of a pg named Chris Duhon all season. And finally he tries to play Marbury because he absolutely has to. I'd tell D'antoni to Eff off as well.

4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

yeah...i mean...come on. That's just disrespectful. There was no reason for him not to play, he's good enough to be in their rotation.

ef Dantoni...

5. C1utchC!ty

C1utchC!ty Member

You guys are stupid, those of you that think he should be suspended by the Knicks. Why should he play after the way the whole Knicks organization treated him? Damn, I mean he didn't pull a Ron Artest. Actually, Ron Artest is worse than Stephon Marbury.

I think Steph will get his due when he gets traded.

6. worzel gummidge

Marbury had to suit up for the Knicks only because of the 12 active players rule. Who knows if D'Antoni was going to really play him or not? Marbury hasn't been a headcase yet this season while D'Antoni's been spinning it constantly to the media about the Marbury situation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/22/sports/basketball/22marbury.html?ref=basketball

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

like what? Cut his contract?

8. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Stephon Marbury just said F-U, and i dont disagree with him.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Cut him, ban him, suspend him, kick him off the team....whatever. GET RID OF HIM!

If you make $22M/year, FIRST TEAM ALL-NBA MONEY, and you REFUSE to play in a game I cannot even comprehend this type of foolish audacity. Is Marbury so pompous that he really thinks he deserves that $22M just for showing up!?

Stern should make an example out of him. Regardless of his talent the league doesn't need Marbury. Make an example out of him -- teach the rest of the league this type of behavior won't be tolerated. That there's more to an NBA contract than earning your big payday then deciding later whether you want to care or not.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Marbury is the most overrated PG of all time.

Everywhere he went

Minnesota
    Phoenix
    New Jersey
    New York

he's been replaced and the teams have been better without him.

Sam Cassell taking over Scrubury in New Jersey and Minnesota, took NJ to the playoffs and the Wolves to a WCF.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Didnt Dantoni keep an injured eddy curry on the roster just to make sure Steph was inactive? Its damn funny as long as you commit to the joke and never ask him to play.

Id agree with Steph, though if I already were a member of a NY sports team, would I still have a conscience to have such conviction?

12. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Marbury is making $22 MILLION. That's six 0's, more than 99% of us with time to spend daily on a message board will make in a lifetime. I don't care what the reason is, you f'in play, practice, cheer, train your heart out 100% of time regardless of what ANYONE has or will say. Giving Starbury, or anyone in professional sports an awwwww is absolutely ridiculous.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screw Marbury,

New York is going to get a class act and Marbury gets to DNP again.

[​IMG]

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I've always loved Cuttino (and coolest name EVER!!), too bad he makes way more than he's worth. I'd love to see him back in Houston. Making a Cat/Franchise reunite could (maybe??) bring Francis back from the dead. Everyone knows Francis and Mobley are bestest of friends...anyone else notice Francis' career kinda died after Mobs left? Hmmmm.....

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I thought he was going to sign with the Clippers for that very reason. But then we picked him up, and I thought our need for a PG was over.

16. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I with Starbury on this one. Say what you want about him, but he's head and shoulders above Rafer Alston.

17. jlwee

jlwee Member

Sorry D'Antoni is bigger jerk than Marbury!

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I'd probably do the same thing.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I agree with Marbury, they disrespected him and then ask him to come help them....lol...uh no.

DD

20. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I don't blame Marbury. I'd do the same thing.