1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephon Marbury refuses to play

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tiger0330, Nov 21, 2008.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

The Knicks had to activate Marbury because they were shorthanded because of the trades. D'antoni told Marbury that he could play him 30 minutes since Crawford was not available. Marbury told him he wouldn't play. Guy is the ultimate prima donna. Can't believe any Rockets fan would want that loser here.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

To be fair, the knicks have been intentionally not playing him all year. This was marbury's "screw you" response.

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Could the Knicks not suspend him without pay for insubordination?

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I hate him as much as the next guy, but the knicks have treated him liek **** this season

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I was thinking the same thing. Knicks should be able to suspend him without pay.

6. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Marbury is a selfish, arrogant jerk... but I'm still voting him into the all star game

7. eckostylez

eckostylez Member

He doesn't need to play, he brought $15 shoes into our lives

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

he has a bad contract and not a great reputation but the knicks have intentionally sat him out the entire season, why he should he play just cause they need him now? it's not like a 12th man be prepared to play when called on situation, d'antoni has pretty much just erased him from the team. i don't blame him for not playing.

9. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

i can see the selfish/jerk argument but i also see it as a pride thing.

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

D'antoni won't press the issue, he would only have played for a few games until the new guys pass their physicals. I don't think any NBA Gm is going to look favorably on this, he hurt himself and his chances for a new contract.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agreed. Starbury is insane and probably needs medication.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

He is paid and his service to the Knicks is without condition. If the Knicks want to press the issue, there are ways to make him pay. Pure contract issue.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wtf, No he isnt......

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why have the Knicks not played him this year?

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

D'Antoni benched him for no reason other than he didn't want him playing. I am sure there was friction before hand (maybe from past relationships) but I would have done the same thing.

You don't want me to play normally, why should I want to play because you are shorthanded.

It's disrespectful. If you don't like the guy, trade him or cut him loose. Sitting him on the bench does you and your team no good.

16. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

didnt they explicitly tell him and the press that they were not gonna play him, trade him or buy him out? should they really have expected anything else from him after the knicks basically gave him the finger?

in all fairness, it seems like he was never given a shot to play under dantonis system.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Have you read some of the stuff he's said and seen some of his interviews and videos? Well, maybe he's just on the wrong kind of "medication".

18. FFz

FFz Member

i would have done the same damn thing. When they hired Dantoni they told him to come to camp in shape and they'll compete for a spot. He came in shape he competed... he showed he was the best player they have. What does he get? Benched. Completely unfair to treat him like that.

19. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I hate to say it, but I see nothing wrong with what Marbury did here.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I wouldn't play either. The coach said he wasn't going to play him so he could play his younger guys.No one s going to trade u anythingg cause you're waiting on '10. Just cut the guy.