1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephon Marbury Leads Beijing Ducks to Chinese League Title

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by letu, Mar 30, 2012.

1. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Yeah cause athletes like Michael Jordan and Jerry Rice were never loved nor appreciated in the U.S...and I suppose you think that Hakeem Olajuwon and Earl Campbell weren't loved and appreciated in Houston....give me a break :rolleyes:

2. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Since you back tracked this far, I'll play along. So you don't think the post that started this was an insult to the country of China. Then why did you comment on the other poster's firing back by saying "He must be Chinese. It's that national love"? You knew very well it was a cheap shot and only a Chinese can be stung by that. So you can stop playing the word games now. Look, I don't have any problem calling out China. I just didn't like your little jab.

1 person likes this.
  3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If I said McDonald's does nto have cheaply made burgers and that panda express does not have cheaply made chinese food, I would be calling myself out as "American" falsely touting cheap products as quality. It must be that american proud, where everything from the cheapest value menu burger made with fillers is expensive and cheap $15 shoes are expensive. It's because only blind nationalism would cry, when somebody calls product cheap that is actually "cheap".

Don't fool yourself, every country has some cheap stuff including China.

I'll some more cheap products. American is a huge exporter to China of millions and millions of cheap mass produced chopsticks. It must be that cheap american chopsticks. That fool, BTE, thinks it compares to our high quality rice and chopsticks with China's. He loves those chopsticks and feels insulted, when others talk about their chopsticks. Those cheap American made chopsticks are full of splinters. :) You knew it would only hurt American to say it must be an American.

#43 BetterThanEver, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  4. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

China has the reputation of producing cheap (both in terms of price and quality) items. It's obvious to most people reading that you took a jab at that---especially because all your other countries in your examples lacked that stigma. If I'm wrong about your malicious intent, then let me apologize in advance.

But if you had no ill-will, surely you wouldn't mind being less defensive and apologizing for your lack of cultural sensitivity either.

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I thought America had a reputation of making cheap cars, cheap mass produced burgers, cheap imitations of Chinese food, and low quality rice. Go figure. I didn't know chinese people thought it was high quality.

6. tchou

Really? Your rebuttal is that you genuinely believe "Made in America" carries the same stigma as "Made in China"?

Wow. Some people just can't own up.

2 people like this.
  7. bloop

bloop Member

they're both ****ty.

there.

is that the answer you were looking for?

8. tchou

Not really. The response I was looking for would be from BetterThanEver, ideally saying something like, "I took a cheap shot. I'll own up. Sorry for being a douchbag."