1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Stephen Silas Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

So?

D-rock likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think people just wanted a finals appearance and got tired of the 2nd round and WCF exits...

Let's not strawman the opposition. Harden opposers here wanted Harden gone because they stopped believing that he can be the lead man on a championship team.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

well now they can enjoy no playoffs and being irrelevant

Nook and D-rock like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It sounds like you're hoping for it though just to be right.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t have to hope for anything, it’s happening

D-rock likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is there a Nets message board somewhere?

You can go there.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

garbage fans like u loved trashing the team when they had something to fight for acting like “ball movement” and “heart” were better than wins...stfu

D-rock likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A lot of your posts since the trade have basically been mocking the Rockets for being bad and rebuilding, lathering in the whole process and mocking posters who basically were through with Harden.

Their argument was and always has been that he isn't good enough to win a championship, this, by the way, isn't proven. If Harden doesn't win a ring with this Nets team his legacy will be chiseled in stone that he never had the will/heart/grit whatever you want to call it, to win a championship.

Some of them didn't even hate Harden, they simple spoke about his faults and why they felt he wasn't good enough to win. I've seen these people get torn to shreds WHENEVER they post, so I think it's fair to say the majority, the VAST majority of Rocket fans love and appreciated Harden but they do not like how he left...and even Harden doesn't like how he left.

In the end though we're talking like the same 5-10 posters that just didn't like Harden and most of him liked him but just felt like he wasn't good enough to win it all. Kind of like how people felt about Scola...or how some of you guys feel about Wood.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You spent years bad mouthing the best player on The Rockets.

And now you feel comfortable asking a poster to go elsewhere(over his “fandom”) for letting some of the most delusional posters know that he’s been right from beginning that this collection of talent was never going to be good, rightfully warned people to not get too high off a fools gold winning streak and feels a tanking route is the best way to go about rebuilding this garbage of a situation.

Interesting to say the least.

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  10. fchowd0311

Dude 80% of your posts are personal attacks the past couple of years. You need some help. Are you okay in your personal life?

You seriously have some issues.

11. fchowd0311

"Bad mouthing". Are you his mother?

Ya I criticized Harden but I still rooted for the team's success and held plenty of optimistic takes about the team's outlook for the season or near future. Obviously you don't read those posts because of your addiction to Harden apologetics that give you blinders which you lack the self-awareness to figure out.

This guy is acting like he's a fan of another NBA franchise trolling this message board for the past month.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

17-18 already showed that this lame talking point of Harden “not being good enough to win a championship” belongs in the trash

“people got tired of 2nd round appearances and WCFs”...as if the Rockets didn’t win just 1 playoff series in 15 years before Harden, and look at the team now...not even good enough to be the 8th seed

could easily be a decade+ before we get another player anywhere close to Harden...that’s why u don’t take players of that caliber for granted

D-rock likes this.
  13. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

I think getting Cade will calm most everybody down. That should be the focus at this time instead of the infighting.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

U literally just told me to join a Nets board and now want to act like some victim. Again, stfu. U always feel the need to quote me with some of your garbage as if u have anything worthwhile to say. Move along

D-rock likes this.
  15. Rockets4Life13

My point is that Silas should try that sometimes. Effort by some of the starters has been atrocious a couple of times. Maybe that would've helped.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then those people are either dumb AF or love their own agendas more than they love the Rockets.

What kind of fans want the team to be shyte and sit at the bottom of the NBA?????

This narrative is BS ****ery of the worst kind.

Reeko likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Ya it's one of my first preemptive **** talking towards you. 99% of our interactions go like this.

Me - express opinion about Harden or Rockets in general

You - insult me at a personal level

So your pearl clutching here is pathetic. You are noturous in the GARM for your personal insults/actual discussion ratio.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hardly ever quote u clown. 90% of our interactions are initiated by u quoting me with some trash. Foh

when u have something worthwhile to say, I’ll take u seriously...until then, keep it moving

D-rock likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think you misunderstood my point.

Those people wanted the Rockets to win a championship but didn't think Harden was the guy to bring them there. As of right now, they were correct. Harden didn't bring the team a championship.

Like, it happened. He didn't do it. Any other 'If' and 'but' is an excuse.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don’t understand how correctly identifying the abilities of a group of players and believing that a tanking strategy is the best way to future success is somehow being construed into rooting against the teams success.

Knowing you suck doesn’t mean that you like it.
    Rooting for Ls now with the idea that it helps us in the long run isn’t rooting against success.

There has been zero shortage of delusional optimism around here. That little win streak had plenty of the anti Harden crowd puffing their chests and talking about playoff lock! Who needs Harden! And a lot of that was directed at some of the more vocal pro Harden crowd.

Not sure why anyone is surprised that when the guy who was right in these interactions would gloat about it on a message board pretty much made for people to argue about who is right and wrong about basketball bullshit.

Reeko and D-rock like this.