1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas said "hello" to James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is a really great post!

bballjunkie and D-rock like this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

I don't think Silas is that fond of Harden, and you can kinda tell in his interviews. I think the organization is done with him but they're playing nice for the media perception

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. riko

riko Member

Lucas is a great guy so hopefully he can be a bridge between Harden and stone

D-rock likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Woj says otherwise. The Rockets are trying desperately to mend fences with harden. Trying to convince him to stay but you go on assuming

D-rock likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"Sometimes"

King1 and D-rock like this.
  7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Yeah. I think what Houston is doing right now is just slowing things down. Don’t force Harden to do anything. Let him talk to the guys he’s familiar with, like Lucas.

I think Silas has played this right. You can’t go up to Harden and invent a relationship...it has to be built. There is no sense in trying to jump into some heart to heart with Harden...that’s like telling a girl all of your deepest feelings on the first date. Let Harden watch and observe. Give him some things to think about. Let him come to you when he’s ready.

Desperate men lose women because women don’t want men who are obsessed with them. They want someone that has their own frame and purpose, who aren’t defined by the woman they are pursuing. This same principle applies in all relationships.

Silas needs to show that he has a mission that extends beyond Harden, but he wants him to pursue it with him. We’re going to know for certain if Silas was the right guy if he’s able to bridge this successfully.

8. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Why does Harden even want a trade

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I hope like hell this is the exact opposite of what they're doing.

To hell with all that coddling bs. Convo needs to be "look, we want you to stay and buy in but if you are dead set on leaving and you aren't going to give us 100% we'll trade you but on our terms, not yours"

The end. This man ain't brought nan championship or even a finals appearance to Houston. This coddling and handling him with kid glove needs to be over.

I love Silas' approach BTW. He's not trying to kiss Hardens ass. He's coaching the guys he has and if Harden returns then he'll coach him too.

In one of his previous interviews he said something along the lines of "if James returns he'll see we do things a little differently than before, but he's a great player and great players learn fast"

Basically, Letting James know he's running the show now. If you come back here you got some learning to do jack.

abaker28 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone is a TF ass kisser, just like Tad Brown.

Since this has been confirmed it absolutely makes sense that Harden and Westbrook were upset, to the point of wanting out, to block the Stone hire.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Desperate men lose women because they are timid and lack confidence. Men with confidence do not need to play those games because they approach the women they want with that self same confidence and use their charisma to establish interaction and deepen affection.

This comparison is so fooking weird btw.

12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Agree 100%. The only head scratcher is why Harden is asking for the trade so fast.
    I get it with so many things changing and the turnover of staff, management and players, but why hasn't he spoken to Silas to hear his vision.

Maybe I have rose coloured glasses on, but to me Wall and Boogie/Woods (* healthy) is better than Westbrook/Capella.

I just can't see a contender that has assets to give up, get Harden and still be a contenderder. And Brooklyn is in the same boat as Houston, where success is dependent on how critical player are returning from major injuries.

bballjunkie likes this.
  13. napalm06

Because he is tight with Morey, MDA, and Westbrick and I think they are probably influencing him negatively about the Rockets. If you've ever had a coworker you're friends with leave your employer on bad terms, and they talk smack about the company - (I've been on both sides of that) - something akin to that.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or maybe Tilman, Ra-fell and Tad are really the shittiest people to work for and/or with.

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

My deduction is that MDA, Morey & Harden (maybe Russ) wanted out because Tilman is very pedantic. He wants people to listen to him and wants only yes man. He believes he is always right. Their views are different just like the rumor that Harden wanted out because TF is a trump supporter.

Also since he joined the team has been limited in traded because he wants to save money.

I doubt Harden would leave his friend all alone in this mess. So that’s why I feel Harden warned Russ or told him in advance that he would force his way out. And to do the same. I don’t buy it one bit that their friendship ended in a couple months and just because of silly things on the court.

So the reason he wants out is because they all planned it. Harden wanted out last season too but they spoiled him and made the deal for Russ, to try to make him happy. Well it was also TF forcing Morey to trade cp3 ( the worst contract)for Russ.

The plan between Morey & Harden was for them to join the sixers. The Nets was just a decoy and all the new teams are too.
    Of those teams who has the best to offer. Sixers.
    They probably made all this to lower Harden’s value and keep most of their core. Morey probably taught he could make TF so uncomfortable that he would make the worse deal ever and not even get Ben or Embiid. Good thing we have Stone who seems very good so far.

well that’s my theory

So that’s why Harden wants out, to get away from TF, join Morey who spoils him and is his yes man, to join a team with Embiid a center that can shoot and the new players they added and to be on the east where the path to the finals is easier. Well at least it has been easier before.

#75 cerophilik, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Stormy1234, So Saith Red and abaker28 like this.
  16. Htown's Finest

I'm not sure if you really get the analogy finsraider is using here. What fins is saying is Houston's best play is to let things progress on it's own. Let Harden come to you when he is ready just like a man would conduct himself with a female instead of hounding her and making yourself look desperate and void of options. The Rockets don't need to approach Harden like they would if there was not any history there. I'm not sure what your post has to do with Harden in any way, but I can understand how finsraider's post about desperate men does correlate with Harden and The Rockets in this scenario.

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. likestohypeguy

*herro?

18. napalm06

Yes, my point doesn't preclude that.

D-rock likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA thought he had the Sixers job before Doc was fired too. Morey tried to Ocean's 11 this whole thing.

[​IMG]

D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Harden + Embiid gonna need a child psychologist on the bench full time.

napalm06 and Stormy1234 like this.