1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas - Introductory Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 5, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

people like @JW86 posting like its new revelations posting on cf's. the miracle discovery. yeah MDA had no idea about any of this. like his best runs weren't with oh I don't know Capela lmao.

2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jeez man, I'm not a rocket hater. I love the rockets and I watch every game every year. I'll watch every game next year too, and I want to see them do well. I'll definitely be rooting for their success. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be critical of the roster construction. I hated the Westbrook trade when it was made, and I don't think you can win a championship with him on your team. I still feel that way. I'm pissed off that we are squandering the championship window of James Harden, a player that certainly is good enough to win a championship and in my mind deserves one.

I don't like being called a hater. I'm definitely not the type to gloat about the rockets losing because "I was right" or anything like that. I get 0 enjoyment out of seeing my favorite teams lose. It's just hard for me to find enthusiasm for this team considering the current roster, contract/cap situation, and our owner. The team (again, in my opinion) as it stands right now is just not good enough to win a championship, and I don't think there's any way they can enter the real contender tier without spending deep into the tax.

BHannes2BHonest, Ramo$e, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Regarding the Rockets, things are not as bad as they may appear. This is a veteran and experienced team. In the right hands, it is certainly possible that they can turn it around and make the WCF. The problem is that they are constructed to play a "gimmicky" style of basketball by the two guys who decided to bail. Now while that style and personnel is good enough to beat the average NBA team and get them into the playoffs, it falls short in the playoffs against the better teams. I watched an overmatched Miami team take out the top team in the East and put up a much better fight against the Lakers than did the Rockets because they played a more conventional style of basketball and were coached much better by Spoelstra. The Rockets have (finally) decided to go with an innovative coach so I say let's wait and see what he's able to accomplish.

ashleyem, csnerd84 and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pot meet kettle.

HP3 likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Predictable? Maybe, but still beat Mavs ass.

csc177 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

People still blaming mda and morey are so far off it’s terrible. Y’all will be right back here finding your new scapegoats over and over and over. The Miami heat had a 7 man rotation in a win vs lakers so all of a sudden that’s ok. 7 man rotation?? He should be fired. Oh wait. It’s ok bc it’s not mda. That’s how it works right. They also play small ball. The difference is they don’t have a westbrick bc all 5 of their guys are threats from the perimeter and can do more than one thing well. Want to play like the Miami heat. Get players like them first.

#166 YOLO, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    HP3 and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

One way offense?

2016 - Fast paced offense & PnR with Harden as PG; top 20 defense

2017 - Super slow paced offense with Harden & CP3 taking turns running PnR; top 6 defense in postseason

2018 - Iso offense and some PnR; offense still one of slowest in NBA; average defense

2019 - 5 out offense with lightning paced offense; BEST defense in postseason

One dimensional offense?????

No defense?????

Stephen A lies and manipulates reality like a melanin enhanced Trump.

STOP THE COUNT, AMIRITE STEPHEN A?!!!?

#167 D-rock, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only solutions:

*Trade EGo packaged with more assets for young talent.

*Trade one or both of Russ or Harden.

*Find starters in FA for min/small $$$$

*Use MLE, go into LT, run it back

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

It's really funny how the usual guys who complained about everything all the time are now the ones who are like "try be a little positive, guys we have a great team." Looool wow.

clos4life, YOLO and D-rock like this.
  10. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I can tell by stone’s body language he was lying about spending money not being a problem lol

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I don't know that it is. Is Harden past his prime? No. Was Westbrook playing REALLY well prior to lockdown/CV/injury? Yes. Just those 2 things alone indicate some form of open window. What was discovered is that when Westbrook isn't playing well, and Harden gets doubled, the offense breaks down. So, I could definitely see some roster changes, maybe even some major ones, but those would be to keep the window open, and hopefully open it wider.

Some of that may even be coaching/philosophy. ie, they had a SYSTEM that caused that offensive breakdown, with these players, when Harden is doubled. Not sure, but I do think the window is open, at least a little bit.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Not sure if you’re subtweeting me here but I was mad at Morey taking a job so quickly and it was one stance. Harden is still here and that’s all I need to have faith in this team for now. If you aren’t throwing shade at me then I apologize, if you are then you’re mistaken and next time tag me. Always liked the hire of Silas and I’m optimistic about Stone just not the fact that the FO is a bit barren and Tilman needs to bring in 2 new guys to fill the void.

HP3 likes this.
  13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Being good at contracts is not the same as knowing how to build a team.

D-rock likes this.
  14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

But you said that Morey never said that. He did. Whether you believe him or not is irrelevant.

I also wouldn't call what Stone said a "rant".

D-rock likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

It was a rant to me which morey never did. Dude actually sat there and said ive been to every meeting and so and so. dude exemplified being a rookie textbook style.

pippendagimp likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Eli is someone that isn’t super assertive and tends to work behind the scenes. If the Rockets had a longer window they likely would have gotten someone outside the organization or if they had known early they would have named Monte McNair (or tried to).

Essentially Stone will do the best he can.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah man, Im not. You are consistent with who you have always been. Positive guy rooting for our team.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I appreciate that. I went through a bit of a downer mode last week after Morey joined the 76ers lol.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

No shame man. I've done more than that on this website than Im willing to admit loool. Excited for Silias, lets see what he can do.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We are getting trades in the next week or so. We are getting the draft in less than 2 weeks. We are getting Free Agency soon after that. This is so much fun that we don't have to dwell on Morey. Tilman can maybe finally win us over by spending into the luxury tax to spite Morey.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and HP3 like this.