1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas - Introductory Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That was the exact quote I was referring to in my above post in response to @pippendagimp on believing Stone about the tax vs believing Morey ....

HP3 and pippendagimp like this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

Just saw Silas on First Take - Screaming A and Max like him - will hopefully stay off the rockets back for a while and give the guy a chance.

D-rock likes this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

First Take and Stephen Silas Laughing at Mike Dantoni of his 1 way offense and no defense was really funny to me.

Tillman Fertitta was right about Mike Dantoni and now he can't be a Head Coach anywhere, got a Asst Coach job for the Nets.

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That only means he’s cerebral... you don’t work with Morey for that length of time and be a dumbass. He’s good at contracts.

fckbandwagons, Rudyc281 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

as if they won't be laughing come Dec 22 at this team. you know it's bad when posters like you are on First Take's nuts when every year you cry about how biased they are against the rockets. lmao. times are sure rough when you gotta scrape the bottom of the barrel to find that shred of hope

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

let's hope he wasn't in charge of capela's and ego's contracts :D

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Care to elaborate?

HP3 likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I mean, seriously. Look at those bullet points. YES! Thanks for summing those points up.

Silas made a great strong impression with me.

Reeko, csc177, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Now you see why I've veered away from doom and gloom lately. I have been watching interviews and reading about Silas for the past year or so as I saw how good Dallas was doing and figured MDA was on his way out. I actually think next season will be a clearly better team than last year. Is it enough to win a championship? I think so but it's going to be very very hard.

Additionally I think Stone is going to be an incredible GM. It is imperative that the team brings in multiple new analytic types and bright minds for the front office to ensure that we continue to make good decisions and we will see if that happens but Stone is going to be great.

D-rock, fckbandwagons and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We are going to be damn good.

Once we get a really good big man our offense will really take off and be less predictable and defense and rebounding will improve.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

another year, another set up for failure courtesy of Tilman

13. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Why TF did Silas keep calling Lucas "Luke"?

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Isn't that what I said in my original comment ..... Neither Morey nor Stone believe it , its just lip service.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

my post wasn't directed at you. I just quoted it as a reference. my bad, should have made a note of that

HP3 likes this.
  16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not really just can't wait until next season so all you Rocket haters can be called out.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone calls him Luc.

csc177 likes this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

He wants versatility and a big man, two most requested things. Less iso since our guys had to work too hard for their shots he said. Funny how MDA failed to see this.

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I really hope the Rockets YouTube channel asks Stephen Silas to do a Presentation on his playing style on Offense and Defense.

James Harden really needs to become a better Shooting Guard off the ball. Moving without the Ball is very crucial late in games.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay so what a lot of you people dont understand is that the way Morey and Dantoni worked was always "Do more with less." Our play style was just maximizing the talent on our roster. That point is gonna really hit a lot of you really hard this season.

D-rock and YOLO like this.