1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas documentary premieres tonight at 7pm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 24, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why do I keep forgetting that @hakeem94 is female????

No offense intended.

FYI - my biggest gripe with Silas was his ridiculous deference and fawning over Wall and to lesser extent, Boogie and House. It just felt so obsequious and undeserved.

Too much leash to Wall when other players were having better games.

Happened to often, even when Harden was still on team.

But his ability to develop young players has been his rep and appears well deserved considering the growth of KP and Tate, even Wood improved (impressive considering the frequency of touches).

#61 D-rock, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Denovo and don grahamleone like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It appears that will no longer be an issue!! Unless @The Cat is correct on his recent podcast appearance where he said Wall comes back in the event we’re in a playoff run scenario!

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

The very reason I'm excited to give Silas a blank slate this season.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is no doubt that Silas is a very likable guy.

tycoonchip and Roc Paint like this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I like him

tycoonchip likes this.
  6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

almost like reading a Jonathan Feigen article.

Invisible Fan, hakeem94 and Haymitch like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah. Silas is a very good person and has an innocence to him. I have no idea if he can actually do well as a head coach. Some of his strategic decisions last year were puzzling but it is possible he is overwhelmed. Regardless he deserves a chance this season.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hhhehe i am not a female i dont know why people keep thinking this?! lolololol
    whatever you put many fine points above which i almost 100% agree and i should perhaps clarify myself more

first i dont blame silas, i respect and like very much his personality which seems very special, i have no insight into whats going behind the scene and what hes dealing with and whats his own handiwork and what are the orders from above...so we can only do guesswork...(or trust stone)....

my main point was hes a novice head coach, we dont even know if he can be good or not, and given that our core is now also mostly unproven and young players not sure if hes the real fit for the situation(paradoxically he may be but its a longshot)...because with so many unknown variables why insert even more unknown element into it?

....give me a stable and known commodity to relie upon because you can mess up development of the players due to the fact that your novice coach is overwhelmed by the situation he may never met before....if you do like silas as a development coach then keep him as an assistant

thus what i am not agreeing the most is the comments in the style of but he deserves a chance its not his fault last year....

well it may have not been his fault last year and he may be deserving of a chance but so do rockets fans and rookies deserve not to be somebodys guinea pigs....

we have a boatload of talented young players... i think they deserve A PROVEN LEADER... not someone to experiment on them because he 'deserves a chance'...this is not a charity.... this is an NBA TEAM

when our rookies and young players become proven busts few years down the line, god forbid, errybody will say that they werent very good to begin with, but in fact you may never even gave them the chance by putting them in the best situation to succeed

and all of you who rooted hard for silas to be given the chance(because he deserves it lolol) will be rooting for tilmen to order a new tank because we need young players and high picks to compete

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

we got the 1st pick so his strategy was pretty good