1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Jackson Calls Out James Harden for "Chasing Rappers" Instead of Supporting New Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 11, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yo link won’t post y’all know what I mean. Doe

tinman, coachbadlee, Kevooooo and 3 others like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

My guy

Emtenndo, B-Bob, tinman and 7 others like this.
  5. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Damn he went in on Harden, he deserves all the backlash, I'm with Stephen on this one.

dachuda86, Emtenndo, B-Bob and 17 others like this.
  6. awc713

awc713 Member

There has always been so much criticism of Harden. He is, unless you're an idiot, a top 5 player in the league and has been for the past decade. He's the best offensive force in the game, maybe of all-time, even if the media hates to give him that type of credit. He knows exactly what he's doing, and more importantly, also knows that he's good enough to get away with it. He can do whatever he wants no matter how ill advised it may be. I feel like I'm watching one of Jordan's crazy off-seasons. The sad fact of the matter is that he's done with the Rockets, and that's the exact message he's sending. He would rather spend time partying with rappers than getting to know his new coach. The sad thing is, he's good enough for this whole mishap to not even matter. I mean...not meeting with Silas isn't going to effect his on-court play. Obviously, this was calculated by JH as a message that he's ready to move on to another team. The criticism itself is not news. It's just another take on Harden. Every talking head loves to opine about James Harden. Really sad to see him go out like this, and after mortgaging our entire future to his desire. I was his biggest supporter for so many years, and I would love to see him win a ring even if it has to be elsewhere. But these antics is not how you reciprocate any modicum of respect or good will, and he knows that...he just also knows that he's good enough for it not to matter.

#6 awc713, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  7. WiltTheStilt13

Agreed!

dachuda86 and ipaman like this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Why?
    SJax reasoning is idiotic. Numerous sources have said Harden was pushing for Lucas or Lue. I fully support more opportunities given to black coaches, I just don’t see how that should correlate at all with Harden wanting to leave a situation he’s unhappy in.

ashleyem, BallSoHarden and HP3 like this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't remember it being this bad with Kawhi or Anthony Davis.

dachuda86, Jontro, BigM and 4 others like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

This is a good take. For him to go out like this is really sad. He could have just came to camp and we'd be in the exact same situation we are in right now. Really dumb stuff by him..

B-Bob, saleem and awc713 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

It was pretty bad with Kawhi.

James.B.H, gatsby, RKREBORN and 3 others like this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I get his point

tinman likes this.
  13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I get what you're staying, but no matter what JH wanted, he didn't show up and there was a new black head coach. He didn't show the respect that he should have, and so SJ still has a valid point in his own way.

Stephen_A, Hakeemtheking and csc177 like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Can we stop with the Harden being the best offensive force in the NBA, much less of all time, takes.

Nearly all of his meaningful offensive statistics go down in the playoffs.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Also, yes Stephen Jackson, yes.

Agree entirely

16. PWR

PWR Member

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t see how the point is valid at all. I really don’t want to get into politics on here, but SJax is pushing a narrative that has absolutely nothing to do with Harden’s intent, and it can be damaging to do that.

He can rip into him as being very unprofessional all he wants, just don’t get why bring race into it when it has nothing to do with Hardens actions.

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He isn't the best offensive force of all time. These type of hyperbole really rub neutral fans the wrong way. It's part of the hate for Harden also Daryl Morey saying he's better than Michael at offense doesn't help.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

And they want to sit there and talk about loyalty

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"Best offensive force of all time". Que one of the largest deltas between regular season and post season scoring efficiency out of any superstar player today.

plutoblue11 likes this.