1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Heard some news about some potential deal involving Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Why would I change the title when Stephen A Smith did a podcast 3 days ago and said this.

And also if you really want me to change the title speak to clutch I didn't even create this thread even though I'm the op, I originally posted this in the random trades thread.

2. allaroundplayer

I was just asking the mods. :)

3. Little General

The usage of Lin on the bench is 19.9% and as a starter it's 20%. So whether it's off the bench or as a starter his usage is the same.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Anybody else worried about the whole "Sources Say" thing that's going around, none of it seems legit. Be funny if no trade happens.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The Houston Rockets are looking at possibly being active at the NBA trade deadline and they have a few names in mind when it comes to who they wouldn’t mind parting ways with. One name that both fans and management are in agreement over is point guard Jeremy Lin. He’s been productive at times during the season, but the Rockets are looking to move him and his bad contract elsewhere.

According to Mar J. Spears though, that bad contract is going to be the one thing that holds up and and likely all Jeremy Lin trade talks in the next 48 hours.

Houston would love to trade center Omer Asik, and a source said it is actively shopping Jeremy Lin as well. Both, however, have pricey contracts.
    The Rockets nearly moved Asik earlier this season but didn’t after they didn’t get an offer they wanted out of Boston. The same may go for Lin, as while Houston wants to move him, they’re not in the mood to get fleeced, even if it saves them cap space.

6. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Please provide the link whenever you post something from another website.

7. Little General

Sources? Or are you just speculating or summarizing things what people has been saying here?

8. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

there is usage and being used right

the usage of Lin bringing up the ball and then running to the 3 point line

dosent mean he is being used right...

9. Little General

That might be so, but we were not talking about being used right.
    But you can say that about 80-90% of players in the NBA aren't used right or aren't played to their strength. Every team has players where they have to take a lesser role to the starplayers of the team to be succesful.

But lately though, Rockets have changed a bit where Lin is not a spotup shooter from the 3. I see Lin pushing the pace, running the fastbreak, passing to Dwight (whether it's a pass in the post or a lob), driving more and when there are no other options he doesn't pass it to Harden yet. Lin pass it to players on the wingside first and then running through the paint. The player on the wingside dribbles to the top of the key to pass it to Harden, who is coming off a set screen. And then it's Harden time.

If Harden and Howard is on the same side of the court, Harden will try to dribble past his opponent, trying to keep his opponent behind him. This will force Dwight's defender to help or else Harden will score. When Dwight's defender comes over Harden will lob it to Dwight. (This piece has nothing to do about how Lin is being used, just wanted to add this in)

So yeah, Lin is not just bringing the ball up and used as a spot up shooter. But how do you think the team should use Lin and be successful as a team?

10. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Yeah, that's quite an obvious tactic by the Rockets to artificially inflate Lin's usage to make his usage rate look higher than it actually is. I would say his true usage is possibly as much as half of what is officially stated, given that he just brings the ball up, to just give it to Harden, about half the time. Lin's production is pretty phenomenal given his true usage rate imo.

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

2 days left! i hope something happens.

12. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Lin should have been coming off the bench with Asik... and allowed to do their PnRs

in fact Harden and Howard should be doing way more PnRs especially if Howard has a strong Post up Defender on him he cant move

plus the starters are playing way too many minutes... probably the reason why there have been so many injuries and Harden half a$$$es it on defence...

like I said before I doubt Asik and Dmo would be asking for trades if you played the bench more... and allowed Lin to facilitate

my argument is play him right... play Lin to his strengths...

if you are fine with him being a mediocre Shooting Guard... who has a break out game every once in a while...

then people shouldnt complain when he gives us a mediocre performance...

and more important people should not be comparing him with other players

because granted we dont know how good or bad Lin will be until we actually give him the keys... and allow him to play to his strengths

13. Apache

Apache Member

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10478187

^At around the 28:30 minute mark of this latest BS Report with Chad Ford, Ford says that the Knicks would "love to get their hands on Jeremy Lin." Word is Houston isn't interested, but maybe Knicks could get it done if they include both Hardaway Jr. and Shumpert. Knicks really desperate for a competent point guard.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]