1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Heard some news about some potential deal involving Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

didnt he predict lebron to miami?

2. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Lin isn't going anywhere. They just recently made a bobblehead for the April 6th game.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The people discrediting Stephen A Smith are rather funny. He's actually fairly in touch with what's going on and has good sources. He predicted the Heat Big 3 before anybody, he predicted the Doc Rivers "trade" to the Clippers before anybody, amongst others. He's not Woj, but he's not Steve Kyler or Bill Ingram either...

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hear you. But selling out your good role players for a not so good star isn't going to increase our chances much. And you need another year or two to assemble another competent group of role players to be a true contender, not to mention the time needed to gel.

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Hahahaa not sure if serious but this made me laugh, I don't think championship aspirations are stopped due to free merchandise promotions so more people attend a regular season game early

6. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

If Lin wasn't capable of winning, Morey would never have signed him, famous or not. Also, Dolan has never cared what fans think. Why would he start now?

7. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Which is why if Lin goes back to ny it's not impossible

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never said Lin couldn't win. Why would I say that?

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

You said he didn't really have to win. If he suddenly became one of the worst players in the league, there's no way he'd be as popular as he is.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm not sure what or why your trying to argue. I just meant the Knicks most likely won't be that good with just Lin and Asik. Lin can make crowds happy without a winning record. Houston got Lin before Harden and Morey had no idea he was going to get Harden at the time. Getting Lin would give him time to rebuild and add pieces while having a competitive team that people still got excited about. JUST BE CLEAR, I AM NOT SAYING LIN WON'T PLAY WELL IN NY, I'm saying the team doesn't have to win right away, their will be less pressure with no Melo.

1 person likes this.
  11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, I assume SAS' radio comment is all the "news" there is on the trade back er front, yes?

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

What do they have that we would want? A 1st round pick?

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

so...

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

The Knicks don't have any 1st rounders until like 2017.

15. Doktor Mndbndr

The only obstacle to a NY-Houston trade is that Dolan burnt the bridge.

Who would've thunk it that Lin would be available to return after only one year (during the summer), or a year and a half? Seemed to make sense to light the match and throw the Molotov on it back then....

He would be a great fit in NY right now, and Hardaway is worth the price.

I'm guessing the possible trade was leaked to guys like Thorpe and SAS to test the waters...

16. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

31000 hits on this thread in just 2 days....

17. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

actually 31000 hits on this thread in less than 24 hours....

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

The quote can mean anything. Could be an offer on the table, maybe shows the intent of the Knicks rather than the Rockets pursuing anything.

19. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Trade him to the Nuggets then, he'll still be at that game ;).

20. nchan

nchan Member

I really don't want Jeremy trade this year or next year. He really need the playoff experience. No matter how good he is in the regular season, if he choke again in the playoff, he'll never become great. Sure he can be a 20pts and 8 assists guy(yes, he can be that guy, just watch Rockets game when Harden sat out) on a average team, but he won't go anywhere. Staying with the Rockets, improve his game, and getting playoff experience is the best way to take his game to the next level.

1 person likes this.