1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith ESPN - Dwight Howard interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2013.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Awesome interview, spoke from the heart.

Can't wait to see part 2

2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Trust me once these little media gimmicks go viral, their agents notify them and make sure these guys get this politically correct when it comes about. It isn't just professional journalists asking them this, there are fans out there...fans with their iPhones ready to video record. The last thing they want to hear is their client going out on form saying stuff like " that xxxx kobe can be a xxxx to work with, so he got whats comin, you know?" in front of Subway.

That's apart of the unofficial functions of the NBA player job. You have to make sure you "wash their mouth" regularly, particularly the ones under the limelight the most.

Dwight's genuinely learned from his mistakes(media gimmick wise), he's done his very best to make "this scene" as quiet as possible. It's just ESPN bull****ting it, he's done it as transparent as it can be. If that's not a lesson learned, then I don't know what is.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It would be very bad for the league,but if Westbrook gets back to full health and if they can get a younger replacement for Perkins,then watch out.

4. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Thank you for the link

5. conquistador#11

I bet Pau would love to play for a contender now after his I want to win comment when he was briefly traded. How you like dem' churros, gasol!?

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nice. I really like this guy!

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

felt like he wanted to say what he had on his mind for some time

seemed honest and genuine, I hope he now focus on winning a championship and staying healthy

#47 Amel, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

That's a good point.

9. jwayne

jwayne Member

Really mature answers from Dwight. From a physical standpoint, it would appear to me he is leaner and in better shape. Just a general observation. Has to be better for his back.

10. jennmlj

jennmlj Member

Loved part 1 of the interview. Good questions by Stephen A. and good answers by Dwight. Looking forward to watching the rest.

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

ehh citing the Olympics as something that proves you're not afraid of the bright lights isnt the greatest example.

12. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

i don't think he was coached to answer in that manner. in the first interview he had with usatoday, the private chat that he had with les after the presentation was much more meaningful than the one that he had with jh and cp. although they both refused to say what was discussed, they seem to have the same reason for him leaving the lakers: happliness.

13. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

edited.
    i don't think he was coached to answer in that manner. in the first interview he had with usatoday, he said the private chat that he had with les after the presentation was much more meaningful than the one that he had with jh and cp. although they both refused to say what was discussed, they seem to have the same reason for him leaving the lakers: happliness.
    i think he was mentally tripped in la, and les shared couple of personal stories with him.

14. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I agree.

But, leading your team to the NBA Finals in your third year - as a 22 year old - while clearly being nothing but a beast, is a great example of the "lights" BS being just that... BS.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

loved his answers, wish he would have taken the magic and kareem question a step further and said "i could care less what they say. they are nothing more than 2 guys who used to play basketball".

sick of all the garbage with the knicks and lakers and yankees and red sox being more important than other franchises in pro sports, and how everybody should be expected to play for them if they have the opportunity.

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

why doesn't he just say "i could care less about the "bright lights"...the lakers are old as ***** and are on a rapid decline"

17. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Great interview indeed. Didnt expect this from SAS of all people.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't know, a lot of people watch the Olympics.

19. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

THIS! Also, in the press conf. Les wanted to say hi to his newborn granddaughter and that this was the only time he'll mention her name, so she can eventually see this when she's 5-6.

DOES this mean that Les had some prognosis that he might not have much longer to live?

I mean, i hope to god not but he's done un-les like things like showing his face and coming out publicly trying to woo Howard.

IDK, just a thought.

20. kastuul

kastuul Member

Rockets fans start to like Stephen A because he loves to kiss superstar's ass.

Stephen A didn't like Yao, but he is close to T-Mac.

1 person likes this.