1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Durant will not stay in GS"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Elephant810, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Seriously????

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He doesnt strike me as the type to own a team or aspire to.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Maybe getting taken to 7 games was too hard for him and he’s looking for more help.

heypartner and juanm34 like this.
  4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe he will go to the Lakers or Spurs next summer after the 3 peat?

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While I don't believe this for a second...

... I'd actually regain some respect for KD if he did this. Because it is kind of just taking the trend to an extreme. Play with a team for a couple of years, move on to the next team. Give them a couple of years, move on. If/when that becomes the standard, its easier for fans (certainly for me) to recognize its all transitional, we're making a quick run with one squad, next year will be different. And of course, it would potentially make the NBA much more intriguing.

Isn't this a bit similar to european stuff? soccer, basketball, etc.?

BigShasta likes this.
  6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

KD isn't leaving cali. Click bait thread.

but the NBA dream scenario is

LBJ to Houston via trade
    KD to Philly via free agency

Houston vs Golden State WCF
    Boston vs Philadelphia ECF

Legitimate 4 teams who can win 60 games.

joshuaao, peleincubus and Elephant810 like this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's on record saying that he is. He also wants to be a tech mogul, and is heavily involved with VC's out in Silicon Valley.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Curry/Thompson/Draymond vs Paul/Lebron/Harden

Wake me up from this dream. Please thanks

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I concur

I call bullshit

Rocket River

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Broussard (not Screaming A Smith): "Dwight Howard is reportedly on his way to the Houston Rockets. But multiple sauces have told me that the TV viewership and click-bait potential, especially with so many Lakers fans out there, of saying that Dwight Howard is now having second thoughts......is just gigantic........"

luckyman76 likes this.
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

We could roll out our exact same lineup of this year and beat their ass without a durant.

juanm34 likes this.
  12. macan

macan Member

it's off season, they are running out of debate material

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

I would rather have CP3 than KD. KD with Harden is not enough to beat the best teams in the league. CP3 and Harden combine to form a team that other teams have a hard time battling for an entire 48 minutes. However, our window is small as soon they figure out how to combat against us. This year was our year to sneak a punch in before that happened. Now we are in need of ADDING to our team somehow, not subtracting.

Lebron would be the only player I could see us actually being better by switching CP3 for. But I'm sure if Lebron would come here that CP3 and Harden would try to make it work for them to stay as one unit.

14. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Kevin Durant, wandering ronin, forever seeking to atone for his sin of selling out and imposing a dark age on the NBA by hiring on with small market teams to help them compete, would be a decent narrative for him to attempt.

D-rock and Matt78777 like this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

KD could win 5 rings in GS and I still wouldnt respect him. I honestly wouldnt even count them I had to debate his legacy. My children will recognize him as the biggest b**** in NBA history

It is funny though how insecure he seems about his decision. I really wonder how other stars view that move and treat him now

bballjunkie likes this.
  16. basketballholic

If he sits turnovers build up his net worth, California is no longer the place. The state is head over heels in debt. And they're facing a real estate bubble that's going tutto burst. Money and people are fleeing. Making their debt crisis worse. To the point they're trying to tax the air.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomas...ons-california-is-unsustainable/#7911bcdc55ce

This is about Durant seeing our team and knowing that if we get Lebron that we'll be tough to beat. And also realizing that his chances to join Harden and win championships are flying out the window.

It's also shoot seeing his opportunity to bypass Lebron in championships go up in smoke and limiting his legacy.

It's also about trying to get the Rockets to pass on Lebron to wait for him. That won't happen. KD will have to make a decision.

There's a lot of factors coming only play here. And our team is at the center of it all.

It could become a race to see who gets here first. Which could turn into possibly two players coming here. Which means even more pressure on LeBron to get it done quickly.

Like I said a while back, it's all good for us. Wait and watch. The next three to five years are going to be crazy good.

Cash Cam likes this.
  17. caneks

caneks Rookie

LeBron or Durant? that is a good problem.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I do believe that Steven A. Smith will not stay ESPN for the duration of his career. I do believe at some point in the future, within the next couple of years maybe even I do believe he'll leave. I do believe there will come a moment in time when he'll say goodbye and he wants to go some place else now that he has a whole lot of Cheez Doodles, doesn't have anything to prove in that regard anymore.

don grahamleone and J.R. like this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Exactly...

EXCEPT it won't be small market teams is the problem.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

No, not so much.