1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith: Chris Paul says Lebron wants to be in LA (+ stuff on PG)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yeah, I think retaining Ego is a must unless he’s being shipped out for a star. Would u still want Reke if Ego is on the roster? I feel like they’re redundant.

2. aroundtheblock2

The probability of the Lakers acquiring a 3rd star is far less than lebron being on the rockets.

The Lakers will not be contending this upcoming season, lebron or not.

He will win no rings as a Laker.

3. Marteen

Marteen Member

Yes, he's screaming A, but he keeps in touch with players such as CP3 or James Harden. This is not something he would make up that would jeopardize his relationship with these players.

4. macan

macan Member

come on it's stephenie a.hole smith, he ain't got no multiple bottles of sources

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I do find it out of the norm that SAS would identify the source of these claims which are rumors to begin with. Especially interesting that he’s naming CP3.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Reke is a better passer, who might be able to play at 1, 2 and possibly some minutes at the 3. I do agree that he will reduce EG's minutes. If he does join Houston, then Morey should look to trade EG for a comparable quality player at the 4 spot. EG is streaky, but I would hate to see him go.

Reeko likes this.
  7. rocketseagles07

I think Reke would be the perfect player for us and on a good team I think you’d see him work his ass off.

We’ve focused so much on shooters... we need a guy who can get an easy bucket. Plus he’s not TERRIBLE from 3 anymore

saleem likes this.
  8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Low on Cheeze Doodles.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  10. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Even though Stephen A. is the most reliable sports journalist out there and he would never give untrue information... but why would CP3 be going around telling people LeBron's plans. Even if he was, why would he let Stephen A. leak this stuff.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[Further listening, from SAS]

Here's your problem if you're Houston, as good as you are & you are good, the reality is if LeBron with anyone goes to LA, that gives Houston a run for it's money. Which means Houston's one shot at a championship may have passed them by. In the unlikely unlikely event, what if CP3 decided to go back to LA in the purple & gold with LeBron?

Everyone is talking Clint Capela & getting the max, a max offer from Phoenix. If Houston's smart, you'll make sure you give him what you can. You'll get a hometown discount to some degree & Phoenix is Phoenix. But if you're Houston, do you want him to stay or leave so DeAndre Jordan can come? He wanted to leave the Clippers. He wants to go back to Texas. He's a sky walker, good for 3 dunks a game, runs the floor effectively even though I think he put on weight, defensive presence. I like DeAndre. Playing with CP3 wouldn't be unfamiliar. It's getting very interesting. It's interesting in Houston. It's interesting in San Antonio. It's damn sure interesting in LA. Philadelphia could be on the outside looking in. That's not a good thing, especially with Boston on the come up. Things are getting very interesting.

Vivi likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Lebron goes to LA even without PG or other stars going there, he has given up on beating the Warriors and just wants to live the life.

A different kind of p***y than Durant but still a p***y.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He'll join LA if Lebron is there in an instant, but the condition is that the he has beef with Curry or Draymond.

14. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets go back to being opportunistic and see what shakes out. If Kevin Love demands a trade, they will sniff around there and see if they can get him. They will consider dealing Anderson for another long term player under contract they prefer more. Also there could be a lot of good players with longer deals that could become available over the course of the season with Anderson down to two years, we could see a move.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Is that TV speak for "Things are heating up"?

ghettocheeze, ryano2009 and J.R. like this.
  16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's done it before. I just don't buy this and that's not to say that I have blinders on. He very well could to go to LA but nobody knows yet. Certainly, Paul wouldn't discuss this with Screamin' A so he could go on record. Paul isn't stupid

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If CP3 leaves, does he get a new State Farm agent?

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What about Cliff? He looks like an idiot.

ryano2009 likes this.
  19. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

First all this talk about SAS having a "good" relationship with marque players is false. I know LBJ doesn' respect him neither does KD among others. Not saying the lakers talk has no truth. With that said I just don' see LBJ in a lakers uniform "ever". Doesn' fit to be on the lakers at this point in his career. Plus why would a player like LBJ want to play in Kobes shadow? Doesn' make sense. LA will always be well kobe got us 5 how many did you get? Etc.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oh course he going to l.a. it just makes sense. Like.i keep saying. The have the assets n cap to build a super team. 2hile being in l.a. u do that, gone win one in l.a. n further ur legend. Chips n l.a. Boston new York Philly mean more period. Die hard rockets fan but even I know that