1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith calls James Harden the heir apparent to Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTruth, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

So were Pau Gasol and Shaq

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not going to comment much about Bryant, but I do agree with some others here. James Harden is the first James Harden. He's not another Kobe Bryant. They are/were far different players, in my opinion, both with talent off the charts.

3. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Lamo I didn't see that, but Kobe's post Achillies tear seasons and his rookie year really drag the average down a lot, without those his WS/48 rise to .186 which puts him at 31st behind Sidney Moncrief

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's true, but a lot of other players would benefit from cutting off the worst of their pre and post prime seasons too. That's why I say it's better, but still flawed.

I think you have the right idea though. I'm not going to argue with anyone who ranks Kobe somewhere lower than 15 all time even if I would personally slot him in somewhere outside the top 20. The people I argue with try to put him in the top 10, which is beyond ridiculous.

5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

IMO WS/48 should exclude ones rookie season and their final year

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would agree it would be a better metric if they did, but no matter what there will always be weird outliers like how David Robinson towers above damn near everyone due to him having his career ended in his prime.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

sure we'll get there

but since this is a Kobe vs Harden thread, answer these first:

1) how many wins in the regular season and what round did Kobe get kicked out in 2006?

2) who could have single handedly carried the rockets farther last year?

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And when he left Miami how did those players perform? Love hasn't done **** until he got to Cleveland so leave him out that mixture right there bud.

9. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

37 years of age isn't exactly "Prime"

The admiral is one of the most underrated players of all time.

10. vlaurelio

so you credit Harden for carrying KD and WB all the way to the finals, but you blame him for not carrying KD and WB past Lebron, Wade, and Bosh?

thanks for admitting no one else could have carried the Rockets farther last year not even Lebron or KD.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

BWHAHAHA Harden did not carry the Thunder to no damn finals. Dude you'r tripping.

LeBron can carry any team to the Championship and win it. His track record speaks for itself. And he is still the best player in today's game.

Man F Durant sellout ash.

And again Harden needs to win a few championship before being in the same sentence as Kobe. That man has 5 Chips and you'r on here saying Harden is better. GTOH with that homer skit.

12. vlaurelio

how many wins could have Lebron "best player in today's game" single handedly carried the Rockets to last year?

13. hakeemthagreat

Love averaged 26pt & 12rebs his last year in Minnesota. Lets not forget he played in Minnesota who has always pretty much sucked since KG left

14. hakeemthagreat

Stupidest post ever. If he could've taken any team to a championship, he wouldn't have swtiched teams twice already? There would be no speculation on where he's going next, because he would be winning championships with his current team lol.

One more thing, Durant's a sellout? When all he did was the same exact thing Lebron does every few years? You Lebron fans keep moving the goal post for him smh

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

To 50+ easily and you know this.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Naw you'r the one with the dumbest statements on here. You guys are the ones with these weak ash ignorant comparison. Yall start threads and make these silly comparisons every freaking year. And when a poster disagrees with you, oh it's the stupidest post bullcrap. I challenge you to ask these questions to their peers, actual NBA coaches and ex NBA players. And I can guarantee you they will not agree with your hot freaking take.

Harden is a bad bad man but he better starting handling his business consistently in the playoffs. And that's the bottom line.

Good day

17. hakeemthagreat

So yea again..If "Lebron can take any team to the championship and win it", why is he changing jersey's every year? I'm confused

18. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

... partly cuz he wasn't playmaking...

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

So LeBron is changing teams every year now. Last I checked he's been on the Cavaliers for the last 4 years. And if I'm nit mistaken didn't he take the Cavaliers with no real help ( Superstar/s) to the finals and lost to the Spurs. He didn't have the talent of a Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka. He had Mo Williams and Boogie Gibson. Lol I guess Harden isn't the only one after all that had to carry a team all by him lonesome.

So again yes I believe LeBron could'v taken last years team deep into the playoffs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Wait..... hold up..... named one of the 50 greatest, and he’s underrated?

Gotta backtrack you on that one master chief.....