1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen. A. Smith.: BOSH THROWS MONKEY WRENCH IN STAR TRIO, WORKING ON S&T WITH HOU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Why do we need James when we have Shane Battier silly?

Also James is a better player, but Bosh fits better with what we are doing here.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Don't understand why Lebron wouldn't want to come here and play with Yao and Bosh if he really wants to win, build his legacy, and make billions.

In my opinion, if we were able to acquire Bosh through S&T with Toronto by giving them Ariza, Scola, and Battier, possibly Hill, then that leaves us with Jeffries, Andersen, and Hayes, and Budinger as enough money to do a S&T for Lebron. If we gave Cleveland Budinger, Brooks, the expirings, and the 2011 pick swap, on top of the 2012 Knicks pick, I think they would take that deal as opposed to allowing Lebron to walk to Chicago, NY, NY, or possibly even Miami. What faster way to rebuild could they go to if Lebron tells them he is leaving? Do they really want to let him walk to another Eastern Conference team and make that team a megapower that they have to face multiple times a season and then they also have NOTHING left to rebuild with? Or would they rather take our picks and young talent and build from there?

If we can convince Bosh to come here, I believe one of Lebron, Wade, or Johnson will force a trade to Houston as well. And I think that is what Morey is banking on.

We have the expirings, the draft picks, and the young talent to trade for two primo players in 2 separate S&T deals to add to Yao and Martin.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont think Wade or James really care about playing with Bosh...they do to an extent, but not enough to follow him around the country wherever he goes. If Bosh comes to Houston, James and Wade focus on maybe playing together first, then if that falls through, they'll choose the destination of their choice (Either returning back to their team or going to NY, NJ, or Chi). Plus, doing 2 sign and trades is incredibly difficult if you are talking about bringing in 2 max contracts when you already have Yao and Martin making a combined 29 million between them.

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

no way, brooks and couple 1st rounders basically for LeBron? the cavs organization would get crucified, they're better off letting him walk........NY with chandler, gallinari, s&t with david leee possibly have more to offer than houston........if bosh comes to houston wade and lebron will just shack up together somewhere probably chicago.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This is similar to what I put in another thread. Not the part that Houston should go after Lebron exactly. But said why is it only Bosh seeking a 6 year max through his team, and Wade and Lebron are NOT? What makes Bosh and the Raptors so special in that regard? I'm sure Lebron and Wade want an extra $30 mil too.

6. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

One factor might be that Cleveland has said they will not do a SnT for James. In which case, Houston is not in the running as we do not have enough cap room.

7. PeppermintCandy

I read the Cavs refused outright to consider any sign-and-trade scenerios. Haven't heard the same about Miami, but I'd imagine it's the same for Riley.

Toronto's actively talked to a number of teams, trying to get something back for Bosh, though recent rumors say they're changing their stance too.

8. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

We all know its not about winning w/ Lebron. Its about building his brand. We're trying to win a championship, not be on ESPN every nite

9. jlwee

jlwee Member

How about Wade? I know you hate Lebron but the rockets simply don't have the CAP to sign either Lebron and Wade.

10. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

That 30 Mil goes towards expenses, taxes, paying the middle-man, etc. It's a big deal if you're not making gazillions in endorsements (Bosh), and even if you are (Wade/divorce).

11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Miami is far enough under the cap so that if Wade leaves, they can still sign 2 max FAs. If you want to S&T with them, you have to give them better stuff than they can get by just signing FAs. It could work, but it won't be cheap.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I imagine the difference is that the Cavs believe they have a legitimate chance to resign LeBron. Considering sign and trades give ammunition to the people that they are bidding against.

The Raptors seem to accept that Bosh is gone. In that instance, rejecting all sign-and-trade scenarios makes no sense.

13. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

If SAS was right about the new dream team forming in Miami, maybe he was right that Bosh was seriously considering a sign and trade to the Rockets?

14. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

im sure he was. if everything didnt work out with wade and lebron I'm sure he had us as a fallback, now lets let all these bosh threads die...

15. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

lock this thread now, it got me excited for no reason!

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Nah... I think we all just got punked by the biggest jokers to team together ever. Dream team Miami is laughing as they try to make believe their decisions were last hour. SAS probably retracted his first prediction because it smelt like tampering and his source ask him to. The bottom line is these guys sent us all on a wild goose chase when they knew what they would do a long time ago.

I hate these guys more now than ever. It's one thing for Lebron to try and get 1 more star to join him in Cleveland. But to join forces because they think they are the best trio in the NBA and that they can kick anyones ass , that stinks.

If the rings don't come right away watch how quickly best friends aren't so friendly. This team will be defined by their lost championships and not their rings. I will always root against them and I suspect most of America will too.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

he can take his "I want max dollars and not one cent less" attitude to where ever he wants as long as it's not here.

NO TO BOSH!

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let's work on locking this **** up now please...

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow are you guys really ripping 3 stars for wanting to put winning before everything? How often do these superstars sacrifice their individual accomplishments to join forces together and win rings? Usually it'll happen when guys past their prime, but these guys are in their prime. This is no different than the Kobe, Pau and Ron trio or the KG, Ray and PP trio. I don't recall people ripping those guys for joining forces.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Or how about our big three (Hakeem, Clyde, Barkley)?

These guys earned the right to decide where and with whom they want to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.