1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman discuss which players are better than Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wylo, Feb 8, 2018.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I watched this when it aired. I got the feeling that they really don’t watch the games. If they did, they would understand how much James has grown as a player. Very lazy analysis regarding James and his defense.

I tweeted both guys advanced stats of Harden’s defense. Not sure why I bothered, I don’t think either guy believes the garbage that they spew.

I miss the old days where most people on the 4 letter network had integrity.

Deckard, napalm06, arubato and 2 others like this.
  2. macan

macan Member

1. Lebron.
    2. Harden(until he win sth in the playoff then i'll put him solely 2) = KD.
    3. westbrick

3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Harden is ranked 5th but I wouldn't trade him for anybody in the league

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

“System wise” Harden is #2
    Above system player kiwi
    But below the Dual mvp , multiple all star system player Durant/curry.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Curry is better than Harden lol, not this season he aint

s3ts likes this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Harden in the East would make the Conf Finals every season.

To me, Harden is 2nd to Lebron only because Lebron has a better track record. Harden already plays better in games.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't deny the bias. For instance the narrative of Klay being a good defensive player when the stats say he is far worse than Harden. In fact Harden is an above average defender despite not being the best on the perimeter.

It's puzzling that Harden gets a bad rap on D compared to Klay and Curry - that video still lingers with him.

D-rock likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

1. KD
    2. Harden
    3. Lebron
    4. Westbrook
    5. Curry

Lebron has been lackluster by his own standards this season, not sure if he's 100% focused.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Is it consensus legacy wise that Harden moves ahead of KD if he takes home the trophy this year?

Harden will be considered the best the next 4-5 years.

Third best sg of all time ahead of Wade.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Only issue I have with this is that playoff Bron has shown to be easily the best.

KD ain’t better.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The "system" Harden plays in is called "NBA Basketball."

Too bad other players don't get the benefit of playing in that system to show what they can do.

BigM, Tfor3, Deckard and 1 other person like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lol cupcake can't lead any team

he's not even more important than curry to GSW this year

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ya but what was harden doing at 25? Leading his team to 56 wins and finshing 2nd in mvp.

I like AD honstly more than giannis but AD is the new KG he just cant be the guy on a championship team. Most talented? Yes but not the most important.

Kinda like kd and curry. Kd is universally seen as the better player but curry is the most important.

Giannis is a beast but i dont understand why they arnt winning more. 3 seasons ago he lead them to the playoffs and the have just leveled off since then missing the playoffs the very next yr and majing it again last year. Imo with the talent they have and the promise they showed early they should be winning 50 games in the east and vying for a top seed.

14. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

what
    What pisses me off is Kawhi Leonard havent been playing and they are still the top 3 seed...They pretty much have the same crap from last year with him playing or not playing.

Tfor3 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get that Harden drags his team to the playoffs every year but yet he always gassed out in the playoffs. More or less. Until now he got CP3.

The thing is everyone outside of Houston perceive playoff heroics as the most important deeds for a superstar.

Harden isn't as good in the playoffs as in the regular season, that was clear before CP3 tagged along.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you ignore overall statistics, individual success, and team success, then yes, Anthony Davis is definitely better than James Harden.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if harden replaced curry in 2015 or kd in 2017 gsw still be champions and harden the hero

no other lone superstar could have single-handedly dragged the rockets farther in the reg season and playoffs

its not harden its the fact he was by himself

18. Purvis's shorts

Stephen A Smith is a POS. I wish people would change the channel whenever he comes on tv.

19. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

1.Lebron
    2.Harden
    3.KD
    4.Kawahi
    5.Curry

-Currys defense is worse than harden but ofcourse "he tries harder"..stupid max
    -Anthony Davis is a freak of nature, but you dont go into the top 5 yet alone 3rd if you cant get your team 50 wins or atleast one playoff victory for god sakes. Win a series in the playoffs before you become top 5.
    -Greek Freak is great but not there yet. His shot isnt there yet.

The only player who IMO can have an argument of making top 5 over Curry is RW. But curry did win a championsip as the star of his team so i give the nod to Steph.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Just dropping in to say those two are nothing more than gossipy women who tear down other people to get you to watch and chug down beer and popcorn