1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman discuss which players are better than Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wylo, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Call me back when Curry, Durant or Davis can reach the conference finals after a 60W season playing with Dwight, Josh Smith, Brewer instead of Draymond + Klay or Westbrook + Ibaka

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yep even lebron could only muster 51 wins with kyrie love in the least last year

Harden in the west with ryno as 2nd highest paid player had 55 wins

Mvp 2 years in row unless u believe 8 less wins is better

If harden replaced curry in 2015 they be gunning their 4th chip now

While rockets with curry will be what?

Vivi and Stormy1234 like this.
  3. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Soft dick. Join the team that he cannot beat

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People used to love the NBA because of their athletic and explosive superstars, now with players like Parker, Ginobili, Scola and others there are gradually more finesse and crafty players coming in.

They still like the athletic players, not much has changed, yeah sure, they accepted the others for what they were.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it was a great move to secure a championship before he turns 29 or 30. That way he has one issue less to worry about the rest of the way.

Especially in the West, where he can't coast to the Finals like Lebron.

Unfortunately the team he chose is not likable.

I know fans won't understand, that's ok because they aint in the Driver's Seat!

#65 daywalker02, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  6. MystikArkitect

Kerr gets to GS and inflates Curry’s stats: MVP.

Dantoni gets to Houston and inflates Harden’s stats: system player.

On the real though, if hot takes made by inflammatory hosts on shows like this make you mad you have only yourself to blame.

Rock Block likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

Drivers seat? U mean when he was up 3 to 1 against gsw with wb ibaka adams and cant even win 1 more but got swept 3 games

8. HookemHorns1250

I try not to pay much attention to these clowns...however, one funny thing I always see that's said about Curry is "Well, he tries on defense."

What does that say about Curry if he's "Trying", but is still one of the worst defenders in the league. I mean, it's bad when teams go out of their way just to get Curry switched onto the ball handler on every single possession.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Rockets4Life13

Needs to win a championship to get his respect

10. vlaurelio

Having at least another top 10 player and adding tucker lmm n green are huge steps. Everyone now harden, mda, cp3 all the way to green need to step up night in night out in the POs to beat a superteam

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Steven better than Harden? Lol

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

we’re only talking about now tho, and right now Harden>>AD and it shouldn’t even be a debate

I see no argument that AD has over Harden right now

13. Jimmynotsoften

Jimmynotsoften New Member

I am so tired of the media undermining Harden’s achievement by using lame excuses such as his defense or he is a product of D’Antoni system. Also, if we judge the players based on what they’ve achieved in their careers, who else in the NBA has single-handedly carried his team to such a huge success other than LeBron? When Westbrook went down that one year, Durant wasn’t winning and let’s not even talk about Curry. He’s so great that when they won the first title, their bench player was the finals mvp. Finally, people want to talk about the system. Kobe didn’t do anything in D’Antoni system. Carmelo failed. Further, we can argue that take Curry, Green, Thompson and maybe even Durant out of the GS system, they will not do crap being the main focus of their team’s offense.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Curry went from being an all star, but not top 10 level player to an MVP immediately in Kerr’s system

Harden went from being a MVP caliber, top 5 player to a MVP caliber, top 3 player in D’antoni’s system

Harden’s greatness gets diminished because of the system that he’s in, but it’s crickets from the media for Curry

vlaurelio, Rockets4Life13 and mario_v like this.
  15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

1. Make a thread every time they give an opinion
    2. All of us come in here and blast ESPN and call it a joke

Unless it’s someone significant I don’t care

Vivi, heypartner and BigShasta like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden benefits from MDA's system but so what. Teams are built around their best player. Durant benefits more from playing with Curry then he did with WestbrooK and vice versa. Harden is better with MDA and Paul and Capela.

Curry is a great shooter and scorer. But Harden is the superior playmaker and defender. And considering the attention Harden gets you have to consider him the better player. Trade Harden for Curry and the warriors don't get worse but the Rockets slip on Defense.

Durant is potentially a bit better than Harden. His height is such an advantage at both ends. But Harden is the superior playmaker. It's a tough call.

LeBron is the best in the NBA. Not the best 3 ball shooter but good enough coupled with great at everything else.

Leonard is an interesting one. Clearly the best on defense and his offense blossomed but it's hard to tell when he's been injured.

Right now at least Harden is number two to LeBron.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All I am saying Curry fits GSW better than Harden. So I am not thinking about Rox version Curry.

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Who has time to Watch First Take? Commercial filled garbage

19. hakeemthagreat

KD is FAR from overrated. Ppl are made because he beat Lebron at his own game. I'd take KD over Lebron right now

20. hakeemthagreat

Stopped listening at Kawhi Leonard being better than James Harden. KD, Lebron I can understand. But Steph Curry? Kawhi Leonard? Steph's game may be more entertaining & highlight worthy, but when has Steph carried a WHOLE TEAM in the regular season? You can criticize Harden's playoff effort. But I don't remember ANYBODY having better season numbers in the last 3 seasons than Harden. Kawhi Leonard just started becoming a scorer a few season ago. He clearly doesn't have the same offensive arsenal as Harden. Clearly ESPN has a bias towards Curry & anything SAS

Beardaholic13 and Rockets4lf like this.