1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A- Rockets are not getting quality trade offers, don't expect to get back much in a trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 23, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

This is where I see it, we will likely have to eat this dude's contract to get Simmons and nothing more.

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Fertitta is going to pay Harden $85m to not play? Get nothing in return?

Sounds like good business.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Would rather get nothing back then.
    Just let him sit for 2 years

DVauthrin likes this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Disgusting. If Stone takes on Harris’ contract in a Harden trade, he deserves an immediate public flogging.

treyk3, Reeko and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Why is it killing the deals? The team trading for James gets 3 years.

Whether he signs long term is the risk but that is the same for any team regardless of the time.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I think teams would accept two years more readily than three years. (Much less five: financially dumb move to turn down the extension.)

Harden is in the top 20 in career minutes played already (active players). I do not believe he will be at quite the same level in 2022-2023. And, as durvasa noted, few championship-caliber teams are going to want to center their offense around him, D'Antoni style, for the next three years. I really doubt he's going to be scoring 34 ppg with many other teams.

jdiggidy likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Stop being bitter. JH quit Tilman, not necessarily the fans.

8. csc177

csc177 Member

I hope the Celtics and sixers get blown out in their first games and start reconsidering