1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A: Dwight is disgusted with the reporting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 5, 2013.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Adande has been a sore loser tonight. First he said the Rockets were barely a playoff team this year. Which, while technically true as we finished 8th, is not really a fair way to describe the team based on how the season ended. Rockets were a legit playoff team with a chance to be the 6th seed.

Now he thinks we are still lucky to get above the 6th seed? I'm not saying we are a LOCK to be better than that, but he's acting like we aren't really any better right now.

People are really underrating how good Dwight Howard is.

2. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I called SAS crazy a while back for him reporting that whole Clippers getting PP and KG but after that almost came out, I have to give the dude props

3. pass_to_Hakeem

They sure do!!! I got way more accurate info from this Board (Great Job Clutch & members) & Twitter!!!!

4. wil55n

wil55n Member

Dwight did everything he could reasonably be expected to do.
    He made his decision last night.
    He flew to LA to respectfully tell his former employer he was leaving.
    Then he announced.

You cant expect him to be constantly replying to media stories between all that, and if he did before he told LA, then that wouldve have been pointless and disrespectful to LA.

1 person likes this.
  5. dayanm

dayanm Member

Did someone staged all these? I cant help thinking a conspiracy theory.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

quote for truth

7. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

BB fan: I am disgusted with SAS.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

SAS has always been close with Dwight. People need to accept that SAS actually has sources and isn't just a hack like Broussard.

9. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Sas is awesome and does have sources

10. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

according to multiple source, i become media-proof after all the saga we have gone through in the last couple of years. having a strong heart is the min. requirement for a rockets fan.

11. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Is there anyone else who is absolutely perplexed that out of all sports media folk, STEPHEN A SMITH is complaining about the quality of reporting?!?

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

2 people like this.
  13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This. I adore him and his ridiculous rants. The louder and more "offended" he is, the better IMO.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

To be fair to SAS, gulp, while he is a blowhard and an intentionally over the top personality, he doesn't just make stuff up.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Dwight orchestrated all of this.

-He has always tried to blame the media for his shortcomings
    -He craves attention
    -He knows his image needs rehabilitation

What better way to handle this (in the mind of D12) than to have his people leak out contradictory information to the media while he has conveniently boarded a plane where he is supposedly unable to communicate with the rest of the world while in flight (because we all know private jets don't have live tv, phones or Internet) only to land and set things straight while having his proof that the media is the real cause for his image problems (mainly the indecisive label he has). So transparent but I commend him on the effort.

Welcome to Houston, Dwight!

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If true, so allsum.

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9453775&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

18. raised

raised Member

the sceptic in me thinks that SAS is just part of dwight's PR image repair... if you listen to SAS here, there's too much spin-doctoring going on.

i.e. lakers not the team they used to be... hakeem and mchale... relationship with phil jackson...

it's too convenient for SAS to tie all of those things together.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Loved stephen a's reaction! Just completely chewed them out! Queer fakers! I swear they probably have 5 real fans and their most likely retired players

20. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

I thought my day was complete before listening to that too. Sigh I'm going to sleep with a smile on my face tonight.