1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A: Dwight is disgusted with the reporting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 5, 2013.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You are 100% right. ESPN is a corrupt piece of garbage tabloid network with an agenda. Screw them.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Dwight doesnt sit on CF and hit F5 all day and dispute the 1 trillion rumors by multiple sources on twitter

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Broussard is the ultimate troll...he should not be taken seriously at any time..

needs to be laughed at and lose his job

No wonder Woj didn't want anything to do with ESPN..clowns turning into TMZ

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

Not just Broussard, what about many people quoting Kennedy's bogus tweets?

5. PeppermintCandy

Who gives a crap? I'd lose more respect for ESPN if they did fire anyone for this, just to appease a superstar athlete and the masses.

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

ban ESPN

7. TheresTheDagger

It wasn't just Broussard. It was that a-hole Alex Kennedy and Ramona Shelburne that were stoking that fire too.

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Yeah. Start a internet campaign to fire Broussard. Link to this thread -- let Dwight know the Rockets community is not questioning him and is as disgusted by Broussard and Kennedy he is -- and has always been disgusted by them I might add.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Kennedy never called it 50-50, he was first to report that decision not final and that money might change his mind.

Brous on the other hand was going all in with 50-50 and all over TV networks

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Kennedy is a nobody so who cares about him.

Shelburne was mostly reporting the truth: That the Lakers kept saying they had not heard anything.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Not really. Every celebrity would have to answer for every random tabloid article. Doesn't sound like it should work that way.

Anyways I missed out on the initial bad scoop. Broussard at it again huh? Kennedy should get heat for this too.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

NEWSFLASH: Multiple sources indicate that Broussard is now 50/50 on hatin' the gays.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Looks like ESPN completely fabricated the 50/50 story to continue the drama. More importantly, this allows Stephen A. Smith to have the last word and the "official announcement".

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh look. Another dumbass in the media!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Really have to wonder if DH put out the whole 50-50 smokescreen just so he could change his Twitter avatar before it was confirmed. Really.</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/statuses/353346043900997632">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If a video to this Steven A. rant is available online, someone please provide a link. I usually ignore him, but something tells me I'll enjoy this one.

16. Swishh

Swishh Member

Well that was also BS according to Dwight/Stephen A.

Howard has been firm on his decision.

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You will. I HATE Stephen A but this rant was well done and justified.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Who gives a crap? WHO GIVES A CRAP? With all due respect, you've got to be kidding. The entire last minute trip by Dwight to LA to inform them, in person, of his decision to leave, something that was actually a class act, was turned into a circus, with bad publicity for Dwight, pissed off Rockets and Lakers fans, and pissed off ME. And Broussard was the worst of a bad lot.

FIRE BROUSSARD!!

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think they did to help Stephen A get the announcement as he didn't really do an announcement as much as he did a smackdown of the media and the Lakers.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It was a phone interview. He was at a party on vacation.