1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephan Curry is unguardable...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

If i was a player in the NBA, i would go to the same gym and do the same thing Curry is doing. Anyones skills would improve doing that.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steve Nash on Stephen Curry: 'He's taken what I did to another level'

<a href="https://t.co/qK8pktbFem">https://t.co/qK8pktbFem</a> <a href="https://t.co/IlH0BiKDIH">pic.twitter.com/IlH0BiKDIH</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/667497872879976449">November 20, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

2 guys who never won finals mvp

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is greatness, right here. You can't hate that, no matter what team he plays for.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dumb comparison:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How good has Steph Curry been through first 13 games?

2015-16 Curry vs 1995-96 Michael Jordan: <a href="https://t.co/NyDYSTt2EO">pic.twitter.com/NyDYSTt2EO</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/667773616830967808">November 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If Steph keeps up this level of play, or God forbid improves, he WILL go down as one of the GOATs. Kids born within the past decade will mention his name along with the likes of MJ, Kobe, Lebron, etc.

And I can't say that they'd be wrong.

7. Awesome

Awesome Member

For one season?

Didn't MJ do this for his freaking career?

These espn guys are idiots

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I don't follow... But yeah, Jordan did do it for his career. And if Steph continues throughout the rest of his, he'll be right there.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

His BPM is down to 13. No longer GOAT. /sarcasm

11. dragician

dragician Member

He's improved from last year showing James what really is an MVP, and James responded by sucking this year.

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

A huge difference between Curry and Harden is, Curry plays OFF-Ball much much better. He's handling the ball less this year, the touches are going to Green which is why you see him avging like 7 APG.

I'd love to see Harden run around the court around off-ball screens trying to get open, but that's probably asking too much of our superstar.

13. plates300

plates300 Member

The biggest difference b/t Harden and Curry right here...Curry will beat you using the system they have in place. He can move without the ball and still beat you. Harden is great at what he does, but he's not the catch and shoot type. He will try and beat you one on one.

14. Awesome

Awesome Member

He's one season off from ankle injuries and people are comparing him to Jordan?

Bro, you're gonna have to completely dominate far longer than that...and you're going to have to play some defense too, not just score

Its the same trash people said about Kobe and he only has 1 mvp

15. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

It's hard for us because the Warriors have good passers at multiple positions. When they can throw Livingston/Curry/AI/Green, thats 4 really good passers on the floor at once. It's hard for other teams to replicate.

But can you just imagine Harden rolling off an off-ball screen, someone hitting him with the pass for the catch and shoot, he fakes then drives to the hole before the defense can get set???

instead of Harden dribbling 10 seconds off the clock while the defense gets set and everyone stands around the perimeter for the PNR, that usually ends up in a contested shot or Harden driving hoping to get the foul?

Differences are night and day.

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that's Jordans 11th season.. and this is Curry's 7th season correct?

Also, I'm pretty sure Jordan averaged 37ppg throughout that entire season correct?

So, Curry has what, 69 more games to see what his average will be?

Hmm...

17. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Attempts per game

Curry is a sharp shooter for sure, but compare his 3pfg attempts/game it's much higher than anyone else's ever. I'm sure if other great shooters had a team structure that required them to take so many 3's they would increase their ppgs aswell ..,just saying

18. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

This league has had many great shooters over the years

19. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

GS System is tailor made for Curry.
    Curry is an unbelievable shooter, all he need is space, and that GS system provided that. The amount of great screen (many illegals) they create for him along with a team that will make you paid if you overplayed surround with great shooters is what make Curry unguardable.

GS system is for Curry, what a great offensive line is for a running back in football.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know why people keep on saying that Curry gets a great system at GS to thrive. Of course, every team's system is supposed to tailor for their franchise player, at least every good team (FO/coach) would try to create such a system.

The fact that GS's offense is transcendent and Houston's sucks is a testament of (1) our FO/coaching sucks for not building a system that tailor to our franchise player, or (2) the kind of system our franchise player needs sucks, or both (1) and (2).