1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{SteinBOMB} Rockets have interest in Harrison Barnes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 16, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Barnes would not be made available if he were that good, he was supposed to develop a lot more in his GSW days......but at least he did not become a journey man in his young days because that would be excruciating......

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Always surprised when I realize he's still in the league. He's been around for so long and was such an average player. Would seem a weird move given Eason is already a better version of Barnes.

Barnes can shoot, but not anything else.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Anything you'd give up for him would be better given up for a decent backup center instead. I don't see how acquiring Barnes moves the needle at all, so what's the point?

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Barnes hasn’t impressed me since GSW. I’d trade Jock and dipo but that’s it.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

And just like that official

sirjesse likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. JW86

JW86 Member

He's solid, but doesn't move the needle that much. Who does he replace in the starting line-up? He's not going to come off the bench.

8. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

No point whatsoever. He doesn't help us and is certainly not someone we need to give up assets for.

saleem likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Too many players play his position on this team that are younger, getting better, and need playing time. I'm also not sending Jalen Green to Sacramento for Barnes when we desperately nees a back up big.

saleem likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At this point Brogdon is the more versatile player who does not need 30+ minutes to produce.