1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{SteinBOMB} Rockets have interest in Harrison Barnes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 16, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is I think named Multi position and he is likely to do worse at one position than the other.....

Lerbon was never a good GM but it was enough for him to keep doing it.

He was the best player in the past, and all the success he actually garnered himself.

2. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

A small size is still a size. @Patience.

harold bingo and daywalker02 like this.
  3. plegus

plegus Member

Sorry but he is washed, like Bullock.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  4. j@amc

j@amc Member

If the Kings lose out on the Raptor's fire sale, maybe they look for consolation prizes. If you need 3-point shooting (and we do), the Kings are a good trade partner. Barnes might be a target that Sacramento would offer. My best guess is that Houston would prefer other players.

For example, Sasha Vezenkov isn't a great defender, but he'd be better in the Houston system. Tate for Vezenkov might seem like an underwhelming or even boring move, but the Rockets need more players who can space the floor. The numbers work but would the Kings front office want Tate?

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if they are going to give us a pick to absorb the contract then i'll welcome barnes with open arms.

if we are giving up assets then well nevermind...

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[QUOTE="ThatBoyNick, post: 15026107, member: 49886"
    Deserves its own thread guys[/QUOTE]

Hardly a bomb. Not even a firecracker.

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

To compare Barnes to Brooks is ludicrous. All Barnes does is take time away from Tari and Cam. We need a big to help us with rebounding…not another forward. We could also use a backup PG to help FVV’s minutes.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Barnes is basically a poor man's Jabari Smith at this point. But he's definitely still better than Tate, lol.

jcmoon likes this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think this is telling us one of 2 things:

1. Barnes has grown 4 inches and packed on 30 lbs of muscle and is going to be our backup big
    2. Another crappy deadline acquisition by Stone.

IBTL likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Right on cue doomers start mouth breathing and looking for someone to blame or sht on.

All for a fking rumor.

[​IMG]

BHannes2BHonest and Nook like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and what did he use to be?

Rocket River
    I have never been impressed with Barnes

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His best comp is probably Jeff Green -- a tweener forward who never quite lived up to his draft hype but could end up being a useful rotation player for a long time.

The question is if/when does Barnes acquire the old man strength to become a credible small ball 5?

Corrosion likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, and Jeff Green was compared to Lamar Odom.... Jeff was more of a slasher than shooter when he was younger.

A successful tweener.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

a damn good role player. Now he's just massively overpaid with minimal production

15. Nook

Nook Member

I think Udoka is actually an under-rated offensive coach. He has been really creative in some of the sets he has ran and the wrinkles involved. Also, the Rockets young players have executed a lot better. The problem is that the Rockets have some weaknesses offensively when it comes to the players they have. Al is very good offensively, but Smith at this point is an efficient player on offense but not someone that creates much. FVV and Brooks also have limitations on offense and Green just hasn't been good.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, maybe he can prove himself because nobody is going to believe him fully when he had Tatum and Brown...it is just that simple.

I never said he was a bad Offensive coach but a lot of those Offenses have to do with getting stops, getting out on transition, and moving off ball........

A coach cannot do the reps and get on the court instead of a player....... Talent is the key to an Offense, and coaching comes just second, we can all agree or disagree.

you have to get creative normally because there is a lack of talent on Offense.......or half of the starters are either too weak, too small or short, or too slow.

And the bench is really not NBA proven.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you, there are no guarantees until there is sufficient talent on the floor and we will see if they sink or swim.

The Rockets under Udoka are around 4-6 in defense but like 22nd in offense. Some of that is talent, the Rockets have a decent amount of defensive talent, and they play hard on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively they lack that offensive hammer on the perimeter, but they do have Sengun and FVV is crafty.

My one real criticism of Udoka would be that the Rockets with Green, Thompson, Whitmore, Smith and Eason really need to run more.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Fvv’s backup is Amen and he is getting better every day.

Nook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you. They could probably find a veteran that can shoot better - but the development of Thompson is too important, and he is clearly improving. He also brings things to the team when he plays like defense, rebounding, passing and penetration to the basket.

The Rockets have a really high ratio of scoring from players that are 22 or younger - and that is good for the long term development of the team.

Verbal Christ, Deuce and evo8lover like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

They should run more on the second team especially. If they had a starting sg that complemented FVV’s game and moved Green to play with Amen, cam, and Tari the second unit would run other benches off the floor. I loved the idea of Barnes in the off-season, but evidently he has regressed. Brogdon is my number one target, with Caruso a close second.

comrade likes this.