1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Stein) Rockets have interest in Markieff Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

Rather have Marcus I want someone who's a threat from 3, throw whatever at Ryan Anderson that's not harden, Howard, capela, Ariza, bev

2. Nook

Nook Member

Chemistry?

Well he does have a brother in prison for life for killing someone and is suspected of killing a number of other people.... So there is always those warm and fuzzy stories Markieff can tell the club after Harden runs out of Lamar Odom tales and Howard stops injecting sperm into every female in the Tri-county area.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is nothing more than a Mavs homer trolling us because he's mad about the Rockets beating them.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hey thats a good idea. a new addition to the brick bros. if this mini hot streak is a fluke, and rockets really are the most embarrasing team in the league, they should trade for morris. with the lakers, sixers and nets head and shoulders above the tank competition, we're gonna as many bricks as humanly possible to get simmons.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Stein has good sources. He is very credible when it comes to rumours like this.
    Brew cant be traded until january. Obviously it includes jones but no idea about the fillers.

Morris is in a slump this year so far but these arent his carreer normal stats. He will recover.

6. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

That Trade would suck. I would not give up our future for Morris. Can't give you KJ and Harrell they would have to pick one. I don't think this trade happens right away.

7. thevirus

thevirus Member

well,only 8 million dollars

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

9. malakas

malakas Member

Btw im sure there will be more teams interested in markieff not only the rockets. So no way they go for brewer swap. And probably this trade will include that archie kid.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If KJ and Harrell are our "future" then we are doomed.

Anyways I'm not saying that seems like a attractive or even realistic trade, but it is one that would work in 7 days. Unless the 1.6 million in room thing other were mentioning is true (can someone clarify that???) Then that would be the only scenario without Ariza, Bev, Lawson, H&HH etc

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why do people want to trade Jones for Kief? It's a lateral move talent-wise, and Jones has a better attitude.

12. thejav

thejav Member

rather keep jones then get a locker room cancer..

13. malakas

malakas Member

Kief has a great contract jones is expiring and will be lost for nothing jf not traded till february.
    Now attitude wise u are right but keep in mind that the bad (worst) seed was Marcus.
    Tho its almost obvious that Markieff right now is tanking his way out of phoenix.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well keiff has a reliable mid range shot which opposing teams will have to respect (something Jones doesn't bring), and is in a good contract for 4 seasons. If we could lock Jones on a 8 mill per deal for 4 seasons I'm pretty sure we would do it, he's going to want a lot more then that with the likes of Amir Johnson and T.Young getting 12+ mill per year in LAST years market before the big jump this upcoming summer.

Downside is Jones is younger, better rebounder, shot blocker, but still the contract is a huge deal and Morris's reliable mid range game would be nice. Lawson/Harden pick and Pop with him would be awesome.

15. dream2franchise

We can all acknowledge that Brewer had been awful this season. But I like what he brings from an energy, hustle and locker room point of view.

If we can trade him for a more talented player that still provides those intangibles I'm all for it. I just fear that Morris will hurt the Rockets in more ways than he will help.

Would Morris have played a hard as Brewer did when we were down big against the Clips? I don't know.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm starting to get a Ty Lawson vibe from this. Player locked up on a multiyear deal destroys his trade value and is traded for pennies on the dollar.

I really don't think many teams would be in the running for Morris. Almost every team in the league has one or two quality power forwards, and Morris isn't the type of guy you trade the farm for.

Feels like a 3 team trade.

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

what?

18. malakas

malakas Member

there are 3-4 teams who don't actually. Toronto, Washington and Indiana, Detroit.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Sick of this "stretch" talk rubbish, stretch is a myth. All it is, is a Power Forward or centre who can shoot the ball from outside the paint. Markieff can do that with mid range jumpers and he can hit some pretty clutch shots

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

don't need him to shoot threes