1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein plop] Jae'Sean Tate will sign with Houston after free agency begins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

What kind of offer could we give PJ?

Just wondering since we all know he wants to get paid. I read somewhere he is looking for something like 25m for 2 year.

That’s too much and I know that’s not realistic, he is older, looks slower & hasn’t play great so far.

Also what kind of extension would you give PJ Tucker if you were the GM?

Thanks

2. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

great kid, plays with the energy that many of us believe we would have.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cousins and Wood will not or should not play at same time.

Both play exactly same role offensively and both struggle defensively.

FatSeagal likes this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

Tate had a +14 on/off rating, by far the best Rocket last night. 2nd was Bruno with +7

matchesmalone, rockets1995 and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden had a 44.12 PER which is best in NBA.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Calm down!

He scored 13 points in 1 game.... let's see how he goes the rest of the season before maxxing him??

(and read the beginning of the thread, I'm a fan - I told you all Tate could play, lotto pick skills, size challenged)

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks.

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Why do I foresee Tate playing 12 minutes in the first game of a Lakers series, then getting benched for the remainder? I think he would have 90% of his interior shots blocked in the playoffs for sure.

At best, I see him doing a great job in the regular season and saving wear & tear on guys we need to be fresh for the playoffs... unless he plays backup to Harden as a shooting guard, which probably isn't possible, unless he improves ballhandling and shooting.

Rockets need more guys that have the possibility of elevating their game in the playoffs, not getting shut down. He needs to do something at a very-elite level to have a shot at that.

D-rock likes this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I am Excited for Christian Wood and Jae'Sean Tate, Even more Rookies Brodric Thomas, Mason Jones.

Quickest Youth Movement I have ever Seen since 2009 Team.

Carl Landry, Aaron Brooks, Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola, Later Goran Dragic

Thank You Rafael Stone and Yes even Tillman for SPENDING ON Christian Wood, Jae'Sean Tate. If Tillman didn't spend, the Team will look old and slow along with Harden not wanting to play. I believe James Harden really likes his Young Teammates.

#149 rockets1995, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    matchesmalone likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I want Jae'Sean Tate defending LeBron James. I have huge confidence Jae'Sean can lock down LeBron James. His Quick Feet, Speed is Elite along.
    Jae'Sean got Carmelo Anthony angry, even complaining to a Referee, Jae'Sean blocked Damian Lillard, using his speed.

No P.J Tucker can't defend Small Forwards anymore. His Speed at Small Forward is not there. Bench Player at best.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. Rockets4Life13

I don't think this happens. Tate might just be the best defender we have. I also think he still has a lot to learn and can get better very quickly.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

He's very-elite at winning.

rockets1995 likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly Bruno is the GOAT. :D

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  14. HROZ

HROZ Member

What 3pt % we expecting from Tate over 35%?

I'm really looking forward to seeing Cousins & Wood play together. Neither being a good defenderis my biggest fear.

Tucker is a bit raw atm(and older) but people going at him are well outta line.

Wood Cousins
    Tucker
    Tate House
    Harden Gordon
    Wall

Is a good rotation reminds me of a worse 2018 team. Except for the better Cs

Wood > Capela. Cousins > Nene/Anderson
    Tucker20 < Tucker18
    Tate < Ariza. House < Moute
    Harden. Gordon20 < Gordon18
    Wall < Paul

Apart from the C's similar roles too.

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  15. Doctor Robert

"Elite at winning" isn't really very useful. Especially when it was in Australia in a 3rd-tier league. That's like saying the NBA D-League translates to the NBA.

The NBA 3-point line is 2 feet further out than the NDL, but I hope his 3-point shooting can be in the same range as it was in Australia... however it should almost certainly go down some, unless he is improving. That said, the guy is destined to be one of our linebacker-guards, NOT a forward.

I hope Silas can get some variety and creativity out of this offense because I feel like relying on Tate as a forward is going to lead to MAJOR mismatch issues in the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Doctor Robert

Harden covers A LOT of deficiencies in his teammates, but one thing he DOES NOT is height.

I hope Tucker doesn't find it difficult to operate in a Silas offense, but I see this issue coming up soon.

D-rock likes this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This guy plays like he never wants to go to the G-League so that's a good sign.

But to be honest, I don't think he's that talented as a player, his talent is outworking other players (like PatBev).

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Erm?

It is the opposite. He has all the talent and hustle, but coming out of college as a 6'4 centre didn't really put him on anyone's radar.

Playing overseas and working on his game has been good for him, and his shot was significantly improved (though streaky) in Australia.

To highlight his talent, watch again his Euro step, his bringing up the ball when Harden was sitting, and his passing. He had 2 drop off assist, but the most impressive pass was one he zipped cross court in the half court to a team mate who missed.

Talent is there. Size is lacking. But he showed flashes he could play as a bully ball wing. Let's see how he goes tomorrow

rockets1995 likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jae'Sean drove to the basket and made a no look under hand bullet pass for a easy layup. Talk about High IQ and seeing his open teammates read,he visually sees it happening like a Point Guard.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nwaba would like a word with you.

PJ as well.