1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein plop] Jae'Sean Tate will sign with Houston after free agency begins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

couldnt disagree more... why tip your hand? If ur blowing it up and rebuilding why would u tell people u r having a fire sale and bring doen the perceived value of your pieces?

jus sayin...

clutchdabear, DCkid and xaos like this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Were looking for our own Dort to be the Harden stopper.

D-rock likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Well they just went public so they agreed with me...

Basically we aren’t trading anyone else unless you offer everything. So yea they tipped their hand.

5. kjayp

maybe...

or maybe Tilly is planning on jettisoning players - but wants to try to maintain their value for top dollar...

If ur keeping everybody - is Roco really the guy yer gonna deal?

game inside of the game... chess not checkers... lol

Mathloom likes this.
  6. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Not sure why people ******** on this signing. NBL has really improved in recent times and probably closer to NBA style of play compared to Europe. He put up decent stats, similar ppg to Ball who could be the number 1 pick.

Y2JT and D-rock like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ja'sean CONFIRMED
    Sanjay RUMORED

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don’t think we are keeping everyone.
    Harden maybe. Russ no unless there is no offer. Eric? Same. PJ depends on Harden.

They said enough for me. They are open to blowing it all up for the right package. They are weighing options and not rushing into anything.

Stone > Morey.

He would never let Tilman bully him like that Broadway Star let him. Tilman bullied Morey all the way to the Liberty bell so he could train with Rocky to exact his revenge.

9. kjayp

wanna put a tip jar wager on whether or not anybody else gets dealt b4 the beginning of the reg season?

Edit: i typed this b4 seeing your last response...

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

i meant Harden or Russ mistyped and absolutely not. I think it’s 100% we make another trade between now and The draft.

re-tool aroundHarden or rebuild around Ben Simmons? That I don’t know. Trading for Wall signifies a retool.

11. kjayp

then they havent really tipped their hand have they... could do this - could do that... saying all the right things to not hurt perceived values...

Jury is still out on Stone... we'll see...

I havent fully absorbed the Morey departure yet... Did Morey mastermind his way out of town bc he wanted it? Did Tilman push him out - delayed reaction to China to save face? Was it just a cost cutting move by Tilly - and DM was cool bc he knew he could make more elsewhere? If Morey was leaving 'to spend time with his fam' - how was their not a noncompete clause in Moreys separation paperwork - for at least a year or 2 - if yer letting him out of his contract? ...still a lot of questions there... time will tell...

and i dont trust a damn word that comes outta Tilmans mouth - regardless of who's saying it...

lol

D-rock likes this.
  12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Who?

saleem likes this.
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This guy was signed by lil wayne at one point, super star potential.

14. kjayp

imo...

If Russ wants out - and his departure doesnt matter to Harden... then hes as good as gone - just trying to get the max return...

If Russ wants out - and his departure means Harden wants out... then you're gonna try to keep Harden happy - but if Hardens gonna ultimately want out - then u gotta try to coordinate 2 major trades...

If WB and Harden are happy - then u run back it...

I'd say its more about the desires of the players than whatever Tilly's plans are... unless of course, he decided "screw u guys - i'm blowin it up - dont let the door hit ya.." lol

15. Nook

Nook Member

Tilman needs those steam machines on the top of the back boards for the Toyota Center. Maybe that will excite the fans.

16. Asian Sensation

Is this what happens when your mom wants to name you Jae and your dad wants to name you Sean?

17. Nook

Nook Member

His mom was murdered when he was a little boy.

Crashlanded19 and D-rock like this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think it's pretty obvious what they are doing .... Trading Covington for picks tells you all you need to know.

Its rumored PJ is on the trade block along with Harden & Westbrook.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I hear good things about him, but if we're trading harden I don't see the point of adding a low-ish upside role player instead of signing an undrafted rookie 5 years younger.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What happened with the breh