1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Stein] Harden has left Houston today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 3, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think so. I think he will love Silas. I think he will also love playing with John Wall and Boogie. If we can somehow obtain a true 3 without losing Tucker this team will be set.

D-rock, Sajan, clutchdabear and 2 others like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Relax guys...

Spooner likes this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hard cap. EG’s contract is very tough to move. There is very little room to add anyone significant moving forward.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Give this Guy your Twitter Likes

D-rock and riko like this.
  5. csc177

csc177 Member

Westbrook’s contract was even harder to move.

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Harden is working out at University of Houston.

D-rock and Landsdale like this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You’re right. We could have traded EG for Batum at trade deadline seeing he also hasn’t played in two years but Unfortunately he was waived

9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Unfortunately this is the type of distractions that will happen all year, any losing streak, any eye roll between teammates and harden, it’s just gonna be annoying. U guys will know the real stories but the outside noise will keep trying to create distractions. Winning will cure all of this, hopefully there’s a lot of wins for u.

otherwise it’s gonna be ugly. Kyries whole contract year was kind of like this for the Celtics

clutchdabear and napalm06 like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I love how no one is willing to admit Wall’s contract was the worst thing out there

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Can’t wait to see harden/wall play together

D-rock likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

^ I can already tell. Coach Silas is awesome.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

All Day

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

not that it matter either way, but stein was correct. Harden was in ATL for that LIL B's party thursday, its all over tmz and social media.

Regardless... where he was that day or today or last week is inconsequential. What matter is Sunday, the first team practice. His attendance and as clutch pointed out on his podcast, how he responds to questions will be telling.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I really like him. Shame he's not exactly inheriting a chicken salad.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

For Houston sports.... This is just about par for the course. Seriously.. the media hates Houston, I mean if Harden put the stats up and wins like he has here in any other market he'd have at a minimum 2 MVPs and he'd never have had any 3rd team nba bs votes by media or been entirely left off some media members lists, don't get me wrong 2016 was a bad season but stats from harden weren't the issue - team injuries/coach etc. - it's not like the western conference is easy.

Just to add, the media basically will change at any time the criteria of what it takes to be voted MVP - ie stats and wins or just stats - look no further than WBs 2017 6th seed miracle MVP - so Harden who also made history (assists/points) and had more wins is now not capable of making the MVP? I mean I'm pretty sure WB repeated his stat padded triple double in 2018, but Finally in 2018 leading stats/wins he gets 1 MVP.

As for the Celtics storied franchise - Kyrie really didn't do any favors even before the contract season- his interviews/answers were so drama induced/flat earther etc that the media ran with it. If he didn't set up/answer interviews the way he did, I believe it would have helped calm things. He's already repeating the same thing with the Nets.

Anyway, if the Rockets gel it'll cure all regardless of the media because harden/houston fans are used to it (harden has even stated this in interviews) - anyway - I'll be interested to see Harden with wall/cousins and Co. It might just make the season interesting. And with Harden under contract 2 years and a 3rd year player option - it won't matter until next year if houston really needs to trade him. Might as well go for it and see if cousins/wall can play, I know cousins is going to be fired up for a real contract... So they might as well go all in and make some more moves to surround Harden.

Tldr - the media noise won't matter and the team might thrive on it, especially if wall/Cousins/wood can contribute.

clutchdabear, Boston84 and clos4life like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

These victim complexes man...

Boston84 likes this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I hope your right I’ll be rooting for you and def think wood will ball. I think every fan base thinks the media picks on them to some extent but again I’m not in your market.

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. Boston84

Boston84 Member

every fan base has a faction of fans who think this lol we have them for the Celtics

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hahah, you know what I mean, like the 94 & 95 chips - in 94 the national media wanted the Knicks to win so bad and then it turned into the - "well Jordan wasn't there" and then suddenly he wasn't there in 95 either when he lost to the Magic - the reason - no Grant (playing for Magic) and no Rodman yet (pouting on Spurs bench).

I also am not talking about Harden exclusively - I just mean sports in general is all. At the end of the day looking back, Hakeem still doesn't get the credit he deserves and it's even mentioned in that Clutch City documentary. Like seriously explain to me... how Rudy T is just now getting to the HOF - I've seen lesser players make it w/ no coaching and then when you add in the b2b and Olympic Gold 2000 as HC (also qualifying in world cup 1998 - taking bronze with college players)...

Please enlighten me, how/why it took forever and a year like 2020 for him to get his due? The Rudy T example alone is more than valid for my argument.

pippendagimp and HardenVolumeOne like this.