1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Stein) Dwight Howard joins James Harden in Team USA Minicamp.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 31, 2015.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

It's Brasil we're talking bout. Brotha aint gonna miss a chance for a free ride to the booty land. No matta how much he be hurtin. As long dem dicks are intact.

Oh and this is going to be a long long year for me if people gonna bring up Durant 2 Houston in every thread. It's even less realistic than Trump 4 president. But I guess people deal with my illiteracy and annoyance, so I gonna have to deal with unrealistic and naive expectations of others.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

When is this? The 12th and 13th?

I'll be in Vegas the 8th - 11th for my birthday (the 11th).

Maybe I'll run into Durant and talk him into coming to Houston after next year.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

As a fan of DH and the Rockets, this makes me uneasy and I'm conflicted.

I'd love for him to sit out and rest his body. Mileage is starting to add up and he should be in maintenance mode with his body.

But at the same time, this could be a huge boon for DH's mental game. If he goes out and dominates and reminds everyone who he is and what he's capable of, it could be a huge boost mentally for him coming into next season.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

This camp is just for this summer right? They'll select the team for next year from this camp I assume. The only real concern for me is the amount of real stress that's put on his body this summer. Id worry about next summer then....

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not worried about him joining the mini camp. It's probably for the best to keep him in game shape.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just saw hakeem and deke on the opening ceremony of the nba africa game in johanesburg

7. playlife

playlife Member

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Isn't Parsons going also?

I think CP is going to try to do some recruiting..

9. DuDDleyDawsonII

Playing for team USA will probably help his image that has been destroyed.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Come to Dallas next season, Dwight."

"What would be tbe point?"

"But...but...you're Dan Fegan's client. We both are. We're brothers!"

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hakeem and deke on the floor now in uniform :eek:

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hakeem just drained a dreamshake!

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Im shocked that many of you so called Americans dont want our two stars to represent the great country of the United State of America. Such honor these men are privlaged with. Didn't yalls mammas teach you not to be selfish!!! SMH

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Our guys will gain more maturity and leadership qualities... Dwight needs this.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Keep this junk in the:

[​IMG]

Dwight Howard is a perfect starting C for the team. Doesn't need touches, and the team only has one basketball to go around. He's the best in the business doing all the other things.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

It's all good, It's only a mini camp. Basketball is slowly creeping back into the picture.

17. okeezie

okeezie Member

When will you people get it through your heads? I've been saying it since Dwight got hurt. THERE IS NOTHING STRUCTURALLY OR PERMANENTLY WRONG WITH DWIGHT'S KNEE! Dwight has never had a knee surgery. No meniscus tears, no ACL tears, no cartilage damage requiring microfracture or removal of loose bodies. How many more signs that Dwight's knee is fine do you people need to see before yall get off this? He had patellafemoral syndrome. Thats it. No structural damage. The following people have knees that are 10x or greater worse than Dwight's: Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Chandler Parsons, Derrick Rose, Dwayne Wade, Russell Westbrook, Kobe Bryant, Jabari Parker, Iman Schumpert, Ricky Rubio, Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan, Serge Ibaka. etc. Guess why? They have all had surgery to fix their meniscus, ACL, patellar tendon, or cartilage damage. Dwight has his native ACL, all of his meniscus, and no injuries to his knee joint articular cartilage. Dwight played 40 min a night in the playoffs. Did he look like a guy in knee pain? Are there any reports of him rehabbing somewhere this summer do to knee pain? You amateur healtcare professionals need to stop. This is a good sign. If he believes his back and knee are 100% and well enough to play for Team USA then we should be happy that is the case and stop acting like Dwight is Tim Duncan ready for a rocking chair. Smh!

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is just there for the recruitment pitch and to show he cares.

19. okeezie

okeezie Member

Add Blake Griffin,Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday, and Kyrie Irving to the list of players that have worst knees than Dwight. Pat Beverley too.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

They really are friends!!!

Dwight does need to sit down somewhere though. Rest those legs.