1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Carmelo Anthony set to sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 23, 2018.

?

Do you like the signing of Carmelo Anthony?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2019.
  1. YES

90.9%
  2. NO

9.1%
  1. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Most Improve Player!

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

The media is really pushing this, some fans as well.

They expect Melo to come in, shoot 4 shots a game and be happy.

Now if he only gets 4 in a game he shouldn't destroy the locker room or anything but this notion that this is all he's worth or going to get is ridiculous. Morey/MDA most likely want his Olympic style of play which means lots of shots to go around just off the catch. Mix in some post work on mismatches and he'll be good.

I just can't wait for Morey/MDA/Melo to speak on this so it can just stop already.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

t minus 21 hours till

5:45 Tuesday

DonKnock and napalm06 like this.
  4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Luc gave us 0 in the playoffs and we made it to game 7 against the Warriors. Best guess is Ennis ends up providing more.

BigM and Blurr#7 like this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Who is Pwul?

Drift Monkey likes this.
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Carmelo is going to get 20 points a game on record (for him) efficiency. 20, 6 and 3 I'd guess.

don grahamleone and H-Town Melo like this.
  7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I honestly think he'll start at the 3 and shadow minutes with CP3 while Harden is on the bench.

mike2k132 likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm excited for this lineup...

Capela
    Melo
    Harden
    Gordon
    Paul

That's a death lineup

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ding. Winning sure as hell wasn't his priority.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Who? ;)

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

What you don't seem to understand is he may very well have just wanted to go back to Los Angeles. He might have liked it there. You don't know what we offered or what we didn't and he clearly wasn't waiting to find out. Winning wasn't his priority -- if it was he wouldn't have gone to a much worse team.

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

So is melo coming here competing for the 6th man job? Ennis and Tucker have to be your starters, i mean you dont need any more offense.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not very optimistic, are you? ;)

One of the fascinating things about this acquisition is that regardless of what everyone says, and there are a host of opinions, of course, none of us really know how Melo will be used (there are a myriad of possibilities, in my opinion, and we've seen a bunch of them posted in the GARM already), how many minutes he'll get, how much he's divvied up between CP3 and James, what positions he plays and with who on the court, how well he takes advantage of the open looks he'll get here, and on and on. In other words, what diabolical ideas MDA has in store for the new fella. We're going to find out, but it's speculation right now, which is what we're best at here. :cool:

We don't know if the Chris Paul Effect, which had such a positive impact last season on Harden's defense (in my opinion), will have a similar effect on Melo. I think it has to. Surely he couldn't be worse! Like Harden, I think Anthony can play better defense when he's in the right system and is motivated. I think this is the right system, and if Chris can't motivate the guy, I'll be surprised.

Trippy times in Rocket Land. Good vibes are buzzing around. Can't you feel them?

dlite316, DonKnock, IvanLCPM and 7 others like this.
  14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I’m confident Melo will fit in nicely. We will just have to accept he’s going to get beat off the dribble

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I meant to say we had a trevor booker. Implying that style of player doesnt really fit on the team. Bad phrasing.

We are probably going to try hartenstein at the backup 5 with nene their as well.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Wrong thread to say this...but man I wish we had more film on Ennis.

17. j@amc

j@amc Member

I’ll be very surprised if Melo can’t find shots. The ball found Trevor Ariza who had to completely reimagine himself as a consistent scoring option, shooting far more shots than he was ever comfortable taking. The same with PJ Tucker. . . Our guards will draw traffic and give Melo open space like he’s never seen.

The only question in my mind is whether he’ll shoot a good percentage on his scoring opportunities or just live at the FT line. He’ll be happy in his role.

Some people are acting like it’s 1995 and we’re adding an aging 37 year old Eddie Johnson. Granted, Carmelo is older but I think he’s got a lot more to give both on offense and D.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Tell that to the Mavs then say Chandler (pause) Parsons.. not Tyson.

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yea i feel him n nene would make one good back up center combined. Have one guy play one night the other the next

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

He will start lol. But its ways to woek it where its not even a big deal. Like what one person said. Take him out 6 mins into the game. Then stagger him with either paul or harden at all times. Bam problem solved. He we gonna see a whole bunch of blow outs with this squad. So he can play late too sinc3 game already gonna be over

D-rock and napalm06 like this.