1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steele: Blacks don't have a reason to vote GOP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Batman Jones, Apr 22, 2010.

1. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Republicans are for money in their own pockets

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

Really? You don't care when black people, women, or gay people are treated as sub-humans? That is truly a sad, sad commentary on you.

You should realize that if you are actually talking about people who are not already wealthy, the Democrats tend to reduce their taxes more than the Republicans do.

They certainly pay a lot of lip service to small business owners. Their opposition to everything seems to be based on what is good for small businesses, at least in their speeches. Unfortunately, when you go beyond the words, it is pretty clear that the GOP is all about big business making money and the rich getting richer.

I will not argue against the Democrats being owned by big corporations, but you really need to get a clue and realize that the GOP is simply the other side of that corporate coin. The Dems and Reps tend to favor different big corporations, but the truly massive companies give money to both parties, guaranteeing that whoever gets elected, the company will have a seat at the table.

OK, so you would side with big business against workers, gotcha.

Unfortunately, the difference is that some of us have watched too much Faux "News" and some of us have not. To preempt your response, I don't watch CNN or MSNBC either, all of the 24 hour "News" channels are steaming piles of ****.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

Damn commie b*stard must be siphoning the jobs off blacks as part of a 15 styep genocide to establish a new secular marxist world order ran by jews aliens liberals and UN employees. Get your weapons ready, get your pistols and sharp edged axes my fellow americans! Liberty is being threatened!

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It was the Democrats' health care bill that actually gave the tax breaks to small business.

5. slcrocket

slcrocket Member

Yeah, damn them. I hate money.

6. glynch

glynch Member

Now if Steele would just come clean and admit that the GOP deosn't have much to offer folks who make under $250,000 per year.

7. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

Ever thought that most of that 96 percent just did not like that other guy. Lat time I check, most Blacks that vote, dont vote repub.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

apples to oranges

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Pardon me, but when considering the article in the OP it's actually apples directly to apples. The only thing is, he made the opposite of the point he was trying to make.

When the chairman of the GOP is willing to come right and say there's no reason for blacks to vote Republican, it's a wonder that only 96% of them voted Obama.

10. durvasa

durvasa Member

It was 88% in 2004, and 90% in 2000.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Not quite. I am a small buisness owner and I can tell you that Republican tax cut and deregulation policies overwhelmingly benefit large corporations than they do small businesses. At the sametime things like health care help small businesses because it helps to cover one aspect of labor costs.

Also a greater emphasis on enforcement and standardization of regulation that Democrats more often focus on levels the compeitive field for businesses of all sizes.

In general it can be said that Republican policies help business but that doesn't mean small business.

12. SunsRocketsfan

I think we have different political views but I basically agree with most of what you just said. All 24 hr News channels are crap. Both parties are backed by huge corporations/companies just different ones. Only one I don't agree with you is that Democrats have done more for small business than Republicans. I own my own small business and the Democrats sure haven't done much for me lately. Both parties needsnew leadership. I am really tired of the same old cronies, liars and elitists. Steele, Boxer, Reid, etc can all go home for all I care.

Also back on topic. What are some reasons the GOP could do to get Black votes??? Just curious.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

They could start by throwing away the various "Southern Strategy" dog whistles that have served them so well. But they won't.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Not appoint people like Tanner to the Justice Department, or put a racist like Scholzman in charge of civil rights.

Putting a racist in charge of civil rights is an insult. The other thing they could do is start voting and proposing legislation that would be beneficial to largely African American communities.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

You should normalize to Obama's share of the total vote compared to Gore and Kerry. He did better with just about every demographic than they did.

16. orbb

orbb Member

Unless Steele's fortunes reverse drastically, its not going to happen. The black repub is a textbook case of eating your own bull****.

17. SunsRocketsfan

The Government shouldn't be offering you anything.. That's the problem we have .. TOo many people just wanting hand outs from the rich. Man up and take care of yourself. Have some dignity why rely on the government to offer you something? The Federal Govt should have a limited role in your day to day life.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

he's talking about tax cuts

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Do you mind me asking but what line of business are you in?

20. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Member

Funny story about small businesses and our Republican government in Texas.

It was Rick Perry that pushed through a massive stealth tax hike on small business. Before 2006, taxes were based on profit so if your small business isnt turning a profit of 300k, you werent taxed. Instead he pushed through a change that made it so that if you had an income of 300k or more you got taxed. So it went from taxing virtually none of Texas's small businesses to taxing a large amount of them.

And it was the democrats in the legislature that forced through a bill to raise the cap from 300k to 1 million last year.