1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

State your case, place your vote

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Oct 24, 2016.

?

Who are you voting for President?

1. Hillary Clinton

64.3%
  2. Gary Johnson

8.0%
  3. Evan McMullin

3.6%
  4. Jill Stein

1.8%
  5. Donald Trump

9.8%
  6. Won't be voting

10.7%
  7. Write-in candidate

1.8%
  1. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'm writing in McMullin as a protest vote. I agree with CometsWin on Trump and Clinton, but I find the Clintons repugnant, and wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I cast a vote for her. I tend to read the voting guide and pick each candidate and try to be party-neutral and vote only on candidates based on their own merit. I will however vote downballot for Democrats in this election as a vote of no-confidence to what Republicans decided to do with their super-majority in Texas.

Nook likes this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Trillary.

I'd write-in McMullin as a protest vote, but the possibility of (at least) a "purple" Texas has me intrigued. In a way I care more about who sits in Austin than the White House.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm voting for Jill Stein
    Mostly its a vote against the 2 party system and Gary Johnson seems like he's as mentally unstable Hillary and Drumpf.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

ABT

Anybody But Trump

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

As an orthodox Republican, I'm also voting for McMullin. I won't be happy if/when Hillary wins in a near landslide, but if her victory at least partially crushes any mandate the Trump faction has moving forward, I'm all for it.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If you vote for Hillary you are literally voting for corruption and saying you are fine with it. Throughout the leaked emails and hidden camera clips ,you are witness to the sad truth of our dying Democracy. Hillary is the worst possible choice for president.

tmacfor35 likes this.
  7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No-brainer. Clinton. My guess is that when all the uproar subsides (she went from being a 20-year Most Admired Woman in America, and equally liked by both parties, to being one of the worst candidates in history? Doesn't add up), she'll wind up being an effective President. She'll work with Republicans better than Obama and she'll be more progressive than we expected but not Bernie 2.0. There will most likely be scandals, or at least perceived ones, but she's most likely not going to make a Bush-level mistake like Iraq. She'll probably rank somewhere in the middle of contemporary Presidents, less than Obama but not as low as Bush.

Some of us forget that for years, we've been expecting her to run- and millions were eagerly calling for it- because it was a no-brainer. There was no one else even being talked about. So, you're going to tell me that an email scandal and the Clinton Foundation turned her from a slam-dunk candidate to the worst?

They've done some interesting studies on Clinton regarding popularity opinion polls. Almost without fail, she ranks very low when she's running for office, or in the early stages of Bill Clinton's presidency, but always ranks fairly high once she's been in a specific position for a while- like First Lady, or Senator, or Secretary of State.

You draw your own conclusions about why this is the case.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If she wins will you move?

9. dandorotik

Awesome! There are plenty of job opportunities in Canada for you.

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Thoughts on this hidden camera story?

11. Sacudido

Sacudido Contributing Member

I'm approaching this from a different angle: I think the true "protest" vote is a vote for Trump. My reasoning is as follows:

1. Send a message to both political parties. They had enough on Trump to run him out of the primary (and they should have) before it even got started. Culpability lies both with the Repubs and Dems. Dems because they tried to get cutesy thinking Trump would be the easiest to beat in a general. That may be true, but in the process they have devalued the legitimacy of the accusations against him into a simple political tool.

2. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before things can improve. I submit that Trump is about as rock bottom as it gets, and also allows the voters to send one big middle finger to the status quo.

3. Due to the system of checks and balances, Trump won't be able to do much policy damage aside from embarrassing us on the international stage. The stupid ads about the nuclear codes are just that: stupid.

Anyone who has children knows you can't just continually speak of consequences for bad behavior and never follow through. In this case, the consequences of politicians promoting themselves at the expense of their constituents has been griped about for years, but nothing has been done (for example term limits). Trump is the consequence that the voters can inflict upon the government (and by extension themselves for not being involved enough in keeping our government in check).

If it helps with the button pushing, as you go in booth to vote for Trump, just remember Khan's last words:

12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I think he should move to Iran and not Canada. :)

13. Orange

Orange Member

Clinton. Trump just sucks.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Voted. 100+ people and the right wing guy in front of me was telling his kid that there shouldn't be signs in any other language but english. Every time he looked at the faces in line he got a little more sad realizing us brown folks knew about early voting.

Nook and CometsWin like this.
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

You win the Internet. That's what the race really boils down to lol

16. dandorotik

Voted at the Woodlands library- where a group of sinister-looking septugenarians and some only slightly younger who were in charge had that "rigged " gleam in their eye. Geez, a number of local races had one choice- Republican.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Quite a large amount of people (I assume) voting for a Mormon two elections in a row. :eek:

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't vote

Wolverrines likes this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lots of O&G companies with offices in Calgary. Never been but I hear it's nice.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

wow.

the current state of the republican party.

OWNED