1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

State of the Stros: Rebuild or Sell Out to Win Now

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Major Malcontent, Jul 19, 2006.

?

Should we Rebuild or Sell the Farm to Win Now

1. Sell the farm to win it all now, Roger and Craig deserve no less

31 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. It's over...our offense won't make the playoffs..Andy and Roger to highest bidder

16 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Hope for a miracle..but don't trade any more farm talent for vets unless we can sign em long term

58 vote(s)
    51.3%
  4. Can't tell unless I have 35 pages of OPS, RISP, Runs Created, and other relivant stats to guide me.

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. msn

msn Member

I feel you bro, but for me '82, '87, '88, and '2000 all sucked a lot harder than this year. No real argument as to why.

2. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I honestly don't know what to think. After last year's comeback I' told myself to never doubt Garner but after goose eggs like last night its getting harder and harder to believe in this team. I would love to see Biggio, Clemens and Petite retire as Stros, especially Biggio, I don't want to see a repeat of what happened with Hakeem and Earl Cambell of Biggio spending a meaningless last season with some other team. Still it would be nice to see the Stros get back to winning and if the right deals are out there to bring in young talent I would be hard press to turn down a trade.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

87 and 2000 were awful for me. those were the worst years, to me.

4. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I think 2000 was the worst because I had upgraded from partial season tickets to full season that year....so I watched waaaaay too many crap games.

If I recall, Hidalgo was the only good part of that season. Maybe Elarton?

5. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member