1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[State Farm Internet Commercial] I'd just like to point out...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Caltex2, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

In response to that sarcastic State Farm commercial in heavy rotation, I'd like to point out that just because something is found on the internet, it doesn't make it untrue, even if it goes against conventional wisdom.

Plus, people need to know the difference between fact and conspiracy theory since the two are mutually exclusive.

For example:

FACT: There is an organization known as the Bildeberg Group that meets in a private location each year.

CONSPIRACY THEORY: They are plotting the course the world's political affairs will go in the next year.

Who cares if the conspiracy theory is true, the fact is that without the internet many topics would be out of sight and out of mind and wouldn't even enter your mind frame when you connect dots of other things you've learned. Certainly, there's a lot of junk and nonsense out there and you can't believe everything you hear but don't let it stop you from actively thinking about anything you come across.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

You got all that out of a state farm commercial? I can't believe I'm reading this, but it's on the internet, so it must be true.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I want to subscribe to his news letter.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Uhhhh...bonjour.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Great commercial, I laugh every time he says bonjour.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I have State Farm for renter's insurance but won't be re-upping with them. There are better rates out there and they recently screwed my parents over who had been customers for 20+ years.

I don't know what commercial OP is talking about (come on, who talks about an internet video on the internet without linking to the video? Poor forum etiquette), but I do enjoy the French model commercial.

7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

"Hey Grandma!! Dad, look who it is!!"

"I see who it is..."

"6 MORE CALLERS, JIMMY!!"

"You're not helping."

9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

FACT. The "french model" fingers are freaking nuts

[​IMG]

10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't this the dude who posted about the Newtown conspiracy?

Kids, most stuff you see on the Internet ISN'T true

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

"Can I get a hot tub?!"

12. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

13. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

No, I'm not that guy, so please fact check before associating my name with something like that.

Here's the video I'm referring to in the OP:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rmx4twCK3_I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

As for this, the internet is just a place where ideas, images, videos, etc... are shared electronically instead of in person. Some of it's true, partially true, exaggerated and some of it is false.

It's up to each individual to determine what's true and what isn't.