1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

State Department misled on Hillary Clinton emails, investigation concludes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 7, 2016.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

... an opposition much more committed to pure opposition, obstruction and PR attacks. Starting when Obama was a candidate, the right started painting him as a big bad anti-American boogieman. I'm talking very early.

When the guy had barely started office, Congressional GOP leaders said their agenda was to stonewall him, period. To defeat him was their central policy position. So if you wanted to sympathize with him or merely just be objective, you immediately had to keep yourself from rolling your eyes at these clowns who put their 'team' over their country.

What some of us who lean left have seen is a concerted effort to label ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the guy does as horrific. So yeah, it's kind of hard to sit and be rational with people who tell you Obama is Stalin if he puts his pants on left leg first and Hitler if he puts his pants on right leg first. Dude needs to wear pants, so couldn't we just get a little less partisan? The hyperbole doesn't strengthen support of Obama, but it makes a lot of people tune out criticism. (Hint: consider a boy AM radio host who cried wolf 5 days a week for 8 years).

It's just a symptom of our culture, man. Seriously, if you think it's bad now, just wait for the next president. The big media money will only be making it worse and worse, getting their audiences more addicted to the anger and partisanship. On and on. Nothing will sell ad time like divisiveness, and what better time to make people explode than in an election year!

PS -- I don't know if you're young at all and don't care. Just saying that Obama supporters were the superlative in any way of anyone's lifetime struck me as incredibly ignorant of history, but it's all subjective anyway. Cheers.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

There are some truly delusional people here. Ya'll should probably get out of the house live a real life.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I doubt it will even get to this point, but yeah I think the FBI is just going to go along with what their boss, the President, tells them to do. I'm sure they make political concessions all the time. And I think you're fooling yourself to think this is new or peculiar to the Obama administration. They are no more or less corrupt than the Bush Administration, the Clinton Administration or any other in modern history. How often do we see someone inside the administration go rogue, divulge secrets, and create a scandal? It happens, but only once in a blue moon. Mostly they go along to get along.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that's a simple minded view on your part. I have no "hate" for the man, I just don't excuse everything he does like some choose to. Of course, his defense squad is so fiercely loyal that any criticism whatsoever is met with this ridiculous level of nonsense....pretty much proving my earlier point.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I actually don't think you have hate for the man. But you do fault him for almost everything. You are very bias. Maybe delusional is better. Whatever, it's your take and through that lens, the same apply. If you think Obama is at fault for everything, than of course anyone that think differently is in love with the man. That's just how thing work. It's not that complicated.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that's nothing but spin that is completely inaccurate. People on the right didn't like that a fairly far left ideologue was being elected....but that's to be expected. People on the left would react EXACTLY the same way if a far right ideologue was elected. The level of bile that came from the left over Bush, a centrist, was equal or greater than that over Obama, but I guess we can just forget about that right?

People who whine about how Obama has been treated are often the same people who drew the cartoons of Bush as a monkey or were rolling around with "Bush Hitler" signs just a few years ago which is what makes this so funny.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he's at fault for all that much really, I mostly blame those who voted him in to office twice. You elect an ideologue, you get BS like this. There's a reason why you ought to elect politicians instead of ideologues.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm very doubtful that the political left agenda prior to W sworn in was to be against everything he's for. Bias through the roof.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I have no idea what this mean and how it apply to the conversation. I didn't even vote for Obama. Heck, I never understood the support for him. I personally though he was boring as hell and not ready to be President. But once he was, it's fk up when you don't wish the best possible for the POTUS and for the American people. That's basically the right position and as a result, maybe equally, a reflection from the left to counter that.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If a president was elected in this cycle who wished to deport every illegal, completely end almost every form of welfare, switch to a flat tax, relax environmental regulations, and cut government spending across the board....would you "wish the best possible" for them?

Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't, but nearly all of the left would be doing everything they could to make him fail at accomplishing his goals.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is how the Right view Obama. Thx for confirming.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They view him as someone who came in trying to push a hard left agenda....and that's what he did. In fact, he pushed so far left that he really struggled to get moderate Democrats to go along with a lot of what he wanted.

I'm sure you'll sweep that under the rug or blame Republicans who had no power one way or the other at the time, but that's just how it really was.

13. Anticope

Anticope Member

The hatred for Bush came much later in his first term, heck, he had a 91% approval rating after 9/11, so you can't really pretend that he faced the same level of partisanship that Obama faced from day one. There were even people on the right who tried to blame Obama for how much money was being spent on his own inauguration in 2009 (spending that was authorized by guess who).

The fact that you consider Bush to be a moderate though does speak volumes about your view of the political spectrum and is probably why you think Obama is the whacko liberal that you portray him to be.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Wow.

What you are suggesting is that you think the FBI is as corrupt as Obama and his crew are. Depending on how this plays out, we may have the opportunity to see if you are right. From what I am hearing, the people at the FBI are likely to blow a gasket over this if Obama obstructs justice on this. Hopefully Obama just does the right thing for a change and allows the justice process to take its natural course. But we all know how unlikely that is, especially with him calling the shots.

As far as your suggestion that the Obama regime is exactly the same level of corruptness as every other administration, despite all that we have witnessed or seen, that just tells me how little objectivity you have with regards to these people. Based on that, I know there is no point in discussing this element of the conversation with you further.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No, it is well-documented and accurate, despite you typing your opinion.

I'm about done. You're very strident and just label everyone else as extreme. Not sure why I tried this; it's very tiring and obvious.

A certain version of Sanders might become a "far left ideologue" to some degree. But Obama, policy by policy, has always looked a lot like Gerald Ford or Bob Dole. He's tried to find the middle between the desires of the far left and the very loud far right (with which you commonly agree, with a few exceptions here and there). He's to the right of Bill Clinton, certainly.

But Fox News has called Obama "far left" so long, moving those goalposts, that a lot of people really see it that way now. To me it's ridiculous and sad, kind of like this "discussion" between us, as if a jellyfish is trying to talk to a centipede. I wish you no ill will, but over and out.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, wow. That's simply not true. He's tried to push a far left agenda and when his own party pushed back against it he tried to find middle ground between the far left of his party and the moderates in his party. He's never legitimately worked to find middle ground with the actual right. He's made some token photo ops, but when you are pushing an agenda full of non-starter issues, there is no middle ground.

If a president was pushing for the deportation of all illegals, could he find "middle ground" with the left on that issue? If a president was pushing for across the board meaningful spending cuts to responsibly pay down the debt and stop borrowing money to pay for entitlements, could he find "middle ground" with the left? Of course not (he couldn't even find "middle ground" with establishment Republicans on that one).

If you push for things that are non-starters, you won't find middle ground.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obama has absolutely been to the right of Bill Clinton, and is about in line with Nixon.

This is from one article on the matter.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/obama-is-a-republican/

Here is more on Obama not being a liberal

http://theprogressivecynic.com/2014/03/20/stop-calling-obama-a-liberal/
    Sorry Obama is far from being liberal. He hasn't pushed for more liberal positions only to be pushed back by Republicans and more conservative Democrats. That isn't how he's governed. There are a few areas where he's been a progressive relatively speaking such as gay rights. Other than not, not so much.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hilary is a slimy liar, just like her husband. Liberals don't care because they see her nomination for the democrats as a given, so they try to dismiss any negative news about her. And also because they already knew she was an egregious liar, so more lies don't seem to bother them.

1 person likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, I understand that this is the spin from the left, but no matter how many times you keep saying it, there's nothing that is going to make it true. You'd think you guys would wait a little bit longer before you start with the revisionist BS.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Both of you are exactly right.