1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Starz] Spartacus Blood and Sand?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DcProWLer277, Feb 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Pretty awesome show. The fight in the latest episode was quite good.

I still somehow doubt Quixus is actually dead, though.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tried to watch the first episode and it was just absolutely god awful. Dialogue was terrible and didn't feel at all natural. The acting was just as bad (though this isn't helped by the writing). The violence seems like a bad knockoff of 300 (in fact, the whole first episode seemed like they tried to copy what they thought was so good about 300, getting it all wrong).

I've talked to a couple of people who agreed that the first episode was bad and said it gets much better. So I'll probably give it another chance. It really aggravated me because I felt like the concept had so much potential to be a really cool series. Maybe it improves, I don't know.

3. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

The dick swinging comes with a copious amount of t*tties, so it evens out.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just watched episodes 4 and 5. The show gets stronger every episode. And yes, it seems to show more Quixus dong every episode. It's almost comical how much they show it. *shrug* Keeps the wife interested. And she did mention that there seem to be an awful lot of fake boobies in ancient Rome. Which I'm OK with, historical accuracy be damned.

I agree. The whole love quadrangle was built up too much for him to just croak. And he's credited for 13 episodes on IMDB. :D

It DOES get better. Again, drama fans need not apply. This is, for the most part, mindless man-a-tainment. The writing is better than A-Team, not as good as Lost...but better than Season two of Heroes. ;) There's enough plot to keep it going.

5. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They tried to build the story so much in the 1st ep. and a few of the actors...maybe it seemed to be feeling out they roles.

I don't try and judge it as a 300 ripoff...I love the look they give the show, and go in with a can they keep me entertained while also not making each ep. the same as the last.

Its kinda like with House and Supernatural and 24..hell even Chuck and Dexter..

Now they maybe able to be like Heroes and afford to kill off a few people for shock reasons...we shall see

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

do they only post the first 2 episodes to lure you in? will they continue to post new episodes?

7. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Good show. They hyped Theokoles so much. He looked like a mutant from Hills have eyes. How does Spartacus expect Batiatus to find the "Syrian"? There must be more than few of them back in the day.

8. Xerobull

You can get all 5 on netflix. Or other places, I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure Spartacus is being led on at this point. However, he has some bargaining power now. Theokoles was cool story bro, but his tribal tattoo was SO 1990s BC.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If the series holds any historical accuracy, then Crixus is still around.

10. Shanghai_boy

Shanghai_boy Member

awesome show,just like The Tudors

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Definitely give it another shot. The first episode was pretty weak IMO. I was disappointed when I saw it. But my gf and I kept watching the next few weeks, and the show only gets better and better.

12. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

I have thought its been ok. Roided up penis's could do with less of but lots of t*tties is good. Now I have a pretty bad mouth but does anyone find the overuse of swearing a bit annoying? I don't mind the swearing but it just seems out of place and like they're trying to hard to have it there.

13. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i guess the excessive cursing is to show the difference in class level civility, but i was definitely aware of the amount of piss, **** and piss and **** used in everything.

first episode was definitely the worst. dialog was just terrible.

need more cumshots. i mean t*tties.

14. Xerobull

Re: Cursing.

I don't find it out of place. It's a society that loves orgies, boy love and dudes killing each other for sport. I think cursing is pretty low on their list of New Year's Resolutions to quit.

15. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

You were right, LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!!!

16. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Anybody know any safe websites that have it? I know fancast.com has episode 1 and 2

17. Xerobull

Just watched ep. 6.

I really like the pacing of this show. Stuff actually happens in every episode to keep the plot moving. I was shocked by the ending. Poor Spartacus has no chance against Bataitus' scheming Roman ways. I was also surprised by Barca going out so soon, but I'll be glad to watch less man-love. I have the feeling that Varro's days are numbered, too.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GREAT SHOW!!!

Anyone know If episode 7 is online anywhere?

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

What's up with the American accent, Sura? :grin:

My problem with this show and Rome is that they are like British sitcoms, but at least Spartacus doesn't take itself too seriously.