1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

starting to lose my hair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by God's Son, Jan 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Shampoo:
    http://www.osmotics.com/Mens/fns-revitalizing-shampoo.html

Conditioner:
    http://www.osmotics.com/Mens/fns-revitalizing-conditioner.html

FNS Serum:
    http://www.osmotics.com/Mens/fns-follicle-nutrient-serum.html

The serum is the most important of the three. You can really use any shampoo/conditioner combo as long as its not cheap. Invest in something nice.

Use the serum EXACTLY as it directs. MensHealth.com actually recommends using the serum in combination with some type of mens Rogain. The serum isn't cheap so be prepared to spend some money.

In addition, stress is one of the leading causes of hair loss. Reducing stress factors can go a long way in having a healthy full head of hair!

2. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Oh well then I would definitely not touch that thing. As far as the US is concerned, there has been no authorization by Merck to make generic 1mg tablets of finasteride. Only the 5mg tablets are generic right now.

I know they have contracted out to pharmaceutical partners in other countries to make the equivalent under different brand names. So I would do more research to see if this 1mg tablet you found is one of those. If it is, it is still up to you if you want to take the risk they are not just sending you sugar pills. If it is not one of those brand names, stay clear of it because that is not finasteride.

3. Samar

Yeah, the problem is hair loss. This will do nothing to stop it. However, I do not deny that it may help the existing hair look thicker and fuller.

Like someone else already said in this thread, propecia is the only thing proven to stop hair loss. Rogaine is the only thing proven to stimulate it (but only on the crown of the head).

Anything else is just trying to put a band-aid on a gunshot wound.

4. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Actually the serum does help stop hair loss. Read some of the reviews for this product. Numerous people have said it has helped halt their hair loss. I have personally used it and have noticed less and less hair loss. It's something you have to continually use and you have to continue to take care of your scalp.

5. Samar

Well it says non-hormonal on the website, but after reading the pdf for the clinical trial, they do put hormones in there. I only made that initial statement because if they were not doing anything to your hormones, what you saw with your hair was a placebo effect. However, they do use hormones, just advertise it as a non-hormonal treatment.