1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Starting to lose faith....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, May 18, 2016.

1. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Houstonians should buy a Billboard that reads, "Sell The Team Les." LOL

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ive mentioned it before, but as a Morey critic I feel bad for the guy.

A lot of his moves are the reason we are here...but he recognizes the problem and this only makes him look like a huge joke too.

Les is a ****ing dip****.

3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Only so much you can do. Season ticket holders in the middle lower bowl would have to cancel. Corporations would have to cancel their suites. China would have to stop spending. revenue would have to be drastically affected. Then Les may investigate moving the team. So you are kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I agree.

Even MVP player Steve Nash can't win championship with MDA, what about Harden?

Le$ is a ****ing idiot. He doesn't know at all what he is doing. PATHETIC.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Starting to?

Get on the bus...

I still think Morey might be better off getting fired so he can get out from under Le$

DD

6. dmoneybangbang

So you are saying that because Finch didn't meet your offensive standard, no other assistant coach can impact the team in a meaningful way?

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Log off, close your laptop, turn your phone off. Don't read anything Rockets related for a week.

The team is going to do what they're going to do. Enjoy it while you can, enjoy it while you can't. It's all fun and games.

8. dmoneybangbang

Well a coaching staff is composed of multiple coaches.

Was our top ten defensive efficiency in 2014-2015 the result of better coaching? Players buying in to defense? Or some combination of multiple factors?

Does anyone in their right mind truly believe that the answer for the Rockets problems is Mike f'n D'Antoni? I've been the biggest supporter of this front office and still contend that Morey is a great general manager but this one really has me scratching my head. He is probably the worst possible candidate out there especially for this squad. We need a disciplinarian that demands respect and emphasizes defense. D'Antoni is the complete opposite of what this team needs.[/quote]

We have one of best overall offensive players, can you not connect any dots to see why Pringles might bring something to the table?

I am absolutely shocked with guys like Vogel, JVG, hell even Mark Jackson out there for hire but wgo out and hire a clown who hasn't done shyt in the league with the exception of a few years where he had the greatest point guard of our generation. I hope that this is some ploy to put pressure on the real coach they want because I'm telling you we are in for a long few seasons if this actually ends up happening.[/QUOTE]

Jerry Sloan had one of the best PG/PF combos in Stockton and Malone, they got no rings so I guess Sloan is a clown?

I was in the JVG/Vogel boat but I'm waiting to see how this plays out before I grab my pitchfork. Who knows, maybe JVG will be a defensive assistant since he wants to get back to the game but doesn't want to move his family from Houston.

9. dmoneybangbang

Well a coaching staff is composed of multiple coaches.

Was our top ten defensive efficiency in 2014-2015 the result of better coaching? Players buying in to defense? Or some combination of multiple factors?

We have one of best overall offensive players, can you not connect any dots to see why Pringles might bring something to the table?

Jerry Sloan had one of the best PG/PF combos in Stockton and Malone, they got no rings so I guess Sloan is a clown? There's a lot of moving parts that go into success.

I was in the JVG/Vogel boat but I'm waiting to see how this plays out before I grab my pitchfork. Who knows, maybe JVG will be a defensive assistant under Pringles since he wants to get back to the game but doesn't want to move his family from Houston.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everything will be okay guys. Relax...

11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yes that's what I'm saying....and not bc finch isn't capable. He could very well be. But it's clear no assistant has any ability to hold these players accountable to actually implement an offensive or defensive strategy. Why do any of us know this? Because the HC can't even do that....

You can put Pop in there as an asst and it won't make a difference if you put a HC in there that can't hold these players accountable.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

D'an is not the answer. Will be disheartened if he becomes coach.

Even if Les hires somebody much better, he still sucks and is bad for HOU.

Mediocre results, crap unis/logo, no NHL

Les sucks

#32 Houstunna, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

"Staying calm...just one more loss" :eek:

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The trade for Harden, Parsons blossoming into a borderline all star, signing howard at the time the best center in the league, D Mo making strides looking like an absolute beast on the block....all the great hope the last few years and this is what it has come down to. As Morey's twitter account says...opportunity is not a lengthy visitor.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm not as outraged as most people are. I don't think any coach left would make a world of a difference. It really hinges on what players we get and frankly I'm not optimistic about that outcome.

But what's sad is less than a year ago we could have been a team in position to get Durant and a Tom Thibideau. Crazy how much we've fallen. After our horrendous season, the only thing that could have saved us was keeping our draft pick, hiring a solid coach and being in ok position to rebuild around Harden.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No assistant coach is going to save us. D'Antoni is not a leader. If you think McHale can't lead, and Bickerstaff can't lead, and Harden can't lead, and Howard can't lead, D'Antoni fits right in that vibe.

Les-Morey still don't understand the importance of leadership for a winning culture. I thought they would learn the lesson after the mess that was the 2015016 season. But apparently they haven't.

1 person likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I think Morey does now. Its a bit late, but by his interviews and what we need to focus on he gets it.

Les however is a spoiled dumbass when it comes to basketball.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Inadvertently, the Hinkie process begins.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's exactly right.

Leader coaches are like Pop, Kerr, Billy, and JVG. We just let that best coach walk right past us and picked a guy who hasn't been successful in managing any superstar outside of point guards who thrive in his offense.

Kobe, Dwight, Pau, Carmelo - all questioned his coaching.

No one has ever question JVG's leadership. His players always stood behind him.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

we called it cheke'