1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting PG Beverly or Prigioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Feb 20, 2015.

?

Who is best fit for a future PG position?

Poll closed Mar 20, 2015.
  1. Beverly

35.2%
  2. Prigioni

64.8%
  1. Zbed

Zbed Member

Rest Bev he needs to get his head on straight start Pringles and see what happens.

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Bev sees the writing on the wall. His time as the starting PG for anyone is limited. I'll be shocked if he doesn't play tonight.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Clutchfans is hilarious, and so are these poll results. I am almost certain you could put up a "Starting PG: Beverley or The Desiccated Corpse of Charlie Ward's Career" poll and Ward would win.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://vine.co/v/OQeUUIwuraL

this guy can pass the freaking rock. hard to teach that, its innate. with that said, his age would make him a liability in extended minutes IMO (maybe not - hard to say without trying it I guess) so I dont really care who starts, as long as whoever has been playing better for that respective game gets to finish the contest.

5. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

Where's Courtney Fortson when you need him?? :rolleyes:

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

No to a 37 year old who isn't a good shooter. I'm definitely disappointed in Pat and all players go through a shooting drought. Pat isn't using his legs and following through on his jump shot!!

7. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Just found this info on Pablo:
    2006 Spanish Kings Cup MVP
    Gold in South American Championship 2004
    Gold in FIBA America Championship 2011

This ain't no scrub old man were dealing with, hes a star player

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Open mouth , insert foot .... Unless you don't call a career 41.4% from three point range a good shooter.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Didn't shoot well today but smart enough not to jack up questionable shots.

Had some great set up for the bigs. Especially post entry passes. Wish he wasn't a 37yo player.

10. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Not sure what it takes to teach someone how to pass. There has been so many moments in games in which Dmo & Dwight have been open, namely post ups and early offense, yet Bev didn't pass them the ball. It's baffling, inasmuch as he plays the point guard position. Perhaps he is reluctant to pull the trigger because of past turnovers. The solution, nonetheless, is to stop telegraphing--not to ignore the big men. Feed the big fellas!

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I'm going to be the minority in this buuut.

I think Beverley needs to keep shooting if not shoot just a little more from behind the arc. Find his spots. Find ways to get to his spots playing off the ball and continue harassing opposing guards. No more driving or dribbling the ball unless there is a clear lane.

Now for Ariza, I think this guy needs to start slashing more and make himself less of a pure shooter. Dribble and drive a little more than he has been and shoot the 3s when he is left open.

12. bmd

bmd Member

In general I agree that Ariza slashing would get him some easy buckets. The problem is that he is a terrible finisher at the rim.

13. a711

a711 Member

Aroma can't finish. I remember one early play last night where he slashed and bricked

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

What I don't want to see is him dribble into the free throw line area just to pass it off without ever being aggressive. I want him to dribble as long as he looks to score on a drive. The dude should be our third scoring option (second while Dwight is out) and especially if Smith is sitting. Not just a spot up shooter

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Like politics, it's more the idea than the person. People are voting for "change".

16. CertifiedTroll

With the way Prig plays, it doesn't really seem like age matters much. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing though.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't know if it was jitters or not, but his shot barely even made it to the front of the rim a couple of times.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

"the most skilled player in ALL of NBA"???? You must be related to him somehow. What is he, your cousin?

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

First time I've stepped into this thread and seen the poll results. Jesus. Really, guys? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 95% of you haven't even seen Prigioni play more than 4 minutes on the court in your lifetime but you'll never admit it.

20. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

The guy is too old and not used to large minutes so I don't see him playing at all come play-off time.