1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting PF?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidghall, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It should go to DMo or Jones (of whom I'm still a fan).

TRob off the bench when Asik rests.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

D-Mo/TRob/Parsons in small ball

Jones looks like the odd man out, especially if they decide to play Greg Smith some at the 4.

but i'd like to see a rotation of: D-Mo/TRob/Jones

...could maybe get TRob a few minutes at center considering how bad Greg Smith is defensively.

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I agree that it should be DMO with some different matchups featuring Parsons/Delfino/Smith at the PF position..but I don't think TRob will do much of backing up Asik, except in the requisite McHale goes small-ball moments. Smith is now the official C backup

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I've been watching Jones highlights and it seems that he is settling into being a kinda of stretch 4 like Morris. I think he is currently the least physical of the PF on the roster.

5. BallWiz

BallWiz Member

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

My pick would be Donatas since he fits the best with the starters imo.

Which I must say, I really like the combination of Asik/D-Mo and Smith/T-Rob on the frontline. Like other's have said, its a good combination of offense and defense.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If it was going to be DMo, he would have started last night or at least played more than spot minutes. The starter is either Delfino or Robinson and I'm leaning towards Delfino.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Should have made this a poll. Maybe Clutch will add one.

I think Greg Smith will start at PF, unless we are playing a small ball team where we can go with a lineup like last night with Delfino joining the starting lineup.

I figure Smith/Asik/Robinson will make up the primary front court rotation, with DMo getting spot minutes.

1 person likes this.
  9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I'm thinking we are going to see small ball with Delfino and Parsons at the forward positions, and sometimes DMO will start.

I don't think T-Rob will get the starting position for a decent while unless he proves himself v. quickly or we go on a big slide. He has too much stuff to learn and the playoff race is too tight.

We are the 8th seed, can't take the risk of him learning on the job unless we're desperate or he comes out amazing.

10. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

If DMO stinks it up, I hope Jones can slide in and get a little PT too, but it might all go to Rob if that happens.

11. landryfans

landryfans Member

no way Greg smith start at 4, he has 0 range, so does Asik.

DMo was horrible last night, only played 5 mins.

I bet Robinson start at 4, Dmo few minutes, and Delfino off-bench fill in the rest.

12. BallWiz

BallWiz Member

Trob wont start right away he has to be work into the rockets system and pace but he should be looking at 15-20 mins for now

13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i feel bad for ppat but he was not the droid we were looking for. we'll see how good t-rob will be, soon i think. he is an infinitely better fit than patrick. asik is battling waves of big men at times (think denver games). at least we got someone who should put some mean on the opposition. oh, and no matter how raw his offensive skills are they have to be light years beyond omer's. at least he can dunk the damn ball.

14. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Parsons. And I love it.

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

16. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Robinson should start. He might only get 12 minutes some nights, but he is physically a legit starting pf with a huge upside. He should thrive running the floor with this team, as well as take some pressure off Asik in the paint.

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

It's going to be dmo because he can shoot. I doubt Robinson is better than Royce white atm

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Dmo played 5 minutes. FIVE.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

and he played pretty poorly in those 5 minutes

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My guess is Mchale will play both Dmo and Robinson. Minutes will depend on matchups. I wouldn't rule out a Jones callup if either looks lost out there.