1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Startin' PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Barkley, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Barkley

Barkley Member

Yea I know Rockets won't be the team like the Suns are cause we don;t have nash. And I don't expect Francis to have 8+ asist per game cause he won't do that. But I don't want Tracy to be playmaker. I just wanna have a guy who will pass the ball to him or Yao and he will let them score.

2. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Since when do T-Mac and Yao have trouble getting good shots? Never. The only problem is when they are doubled and they need someone else to score.
    They don't need anyone creating for them. We don't need Francis to get shots for T-Mac and Yao. Even if we did need to, Francis is not that player anymore. He's done. We need him out of here before the trading deadline. If Francis can be that scorer who makes teams pay for doubling Yao and Tracy then maybe it'll work(no it aint gonna happen). Since when has Francis been a
    good decision maker and a good shooter? he's just not that type of player, never was. Brooks looks like the man for that job, not Francis.

I can't believe I have to start an anti-Francis campaign this early. I didn't want to do it but this is insanity.

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

I can agree that Rockets need a 3rd scorer but I cannot agree that they don't need a plamaker who will create shots for them.

PS. You're probably Francis-hater:)

4. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

I'd say let Adelman decide. He can determine which point guard is best suited for his system. I'm hoping Aaron Brooks gets to be backup pg.

;)

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

Right now over 50% thinks Francis would be the best...That means something

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

PG - Francis
    SG - Bonzi
    SF - TMac
    PF - Scola
    C - BIG YAO!

Second String as of now
    PG - Brooks
    SG - MIKE JAMES, B*TCH
    SF - Battier
    PF - Chuck Hayes
    C - ??? DEKE

Third String

PG - Mike James/Rafer
    SG - Luther Head
    SF - Snyder
    PF - Battier
    C - ??

Rocket River
    The Power Squad

7. Barkley

Barkley Member

You cannot put Bonzi in the 1st five. I know we could be a starter but we need him more off the bench.

8. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Hahah..let the dogpile begin. Flame on!

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

52% here say you're wrong.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I say we go with Steve at starting PG.

1 steve
    2 mcgrady
    3 battier
    4 scola
    5 yao

and then when you do your subs, you could put shane on the bench, slide mcgrady to the 3, and insert mike james at shooting guard or point guard.

and then the next subs, you could put in chuck hayes at 4, move battier back to 3, bench mcgrady, and place in bonzi at the 2, have stevie on the bench and brooks get some time, but not too much, just enough to get a taste of the nba. the only problem i have with that scenario is that i rather have brooks play with mcgrady so mcgrady can bail him out if necessary.

Scola can play some five, can he?

And Rafer has been traded, so that's why you don't see him.

11. rnbni99a

rnbni99a Member

steve probably will...

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

anybody but francis

13. Dei

Dei Member

It's not like Houston didn't win any games before Tracy came. Besides, it was JVG offense last season.

14. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

and is this your bajillionth post sniffing francis' drawers?

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

since when is it meaningful whenever the majority of people here think something?

16. Barkley

Barkley Member

That doesn't mean everything big but that means that people belive in Francis and that means that more than a half want Francis to start

17. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

and when was the last time the majority of people here were right about something? yall were wrong about us having a deep bench last year. yall were wrong about us beating the jazz. yall were wrong about calling charles barkley a hater because he picked the jazz to beat us. oh and yall were wrong about aaron brooks. need i say more?

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I want Mike James at PG and Steve Francis at SG.

19. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

If they can find a way to make it work, then I'm fine with either way. At worst it'll turn into a Stephon Marbury/Steve Francis disaster. At best it could be Earl Monroe and Walt Frazier all over again as one of the most feared back courts in the NBA. Reality is that it will probably end up somewhere in the middle and with all our guards, I'm thinking that neither will be getting the full amount of minutes they think they should be getting. I am still not sure if Mike James will produce. I just read this blog from the Tornoto Star about Mike James....

http://thestar.blogs.com/jabs/mailbag/index.html

Andy Chung of Scarborough has a Mike James question:

"When Mike James was first traded to Toronto from Houston he told reporters that he was a chameleon. Mike claimed that he was able to make himself “fit” into any situation.
    Fast forwarding a couple of months …
    When asked to change his style of play to be a pass-first point guard, Mike basically told reporters that if the Raptors they didn’t like his style of play they shouldn’t have traded for him in the first place. As a fan I don’t really care if he wants more money, but I find that his “adaptation skills” were all just a big act. Sometime this week (or last) I read somewhere that he said that he wouldn’t stop his “style” of basketball. If Coach Mitchell asks his players to do something shouldn’t they try to do what coaches ask them to do? My main concern is that IF we sign him next year he might not be the team player we’re looking for. What’s your take on this?"

This segues neatly into another friend of this blog, Mark Freedman, who e-mails in the suggestion that James and Sam Mitchell are fated to part:

I gotta believe that Mitchell is barely toleraring James because he's been scoring enough. But I bet Mitchell is really wanting a pass-first PG. James' game doesn't really match Mitchell's old-school mentality.

And that rolls right into ANOTHER Mike James e-mail, this one from Chris Flynn:

Mike James is talking like an elite NBA player. He is elite because he is surrounded by teenagers and early-20's guys who are still learning the game.
    As good as he has been this year, he will not get the money he wants and he should definitely not get a penny out of the Raps. There has to be a reason he was traded for Rafer, which I could never put my finger on, and this has to be it. He is a big mouth who thinks he is way better than he is, and articulate is the last word I would use to describe him. I just looked it up, and he did in fact go to college. With all those double negatives ie. "I ain't gonna do nothing stupid," please tell me he is not a graduate. This guy is a fool, and the last thing we need is a big Tie Domi-like ego on the Raps. Bosh should be the one with the ego, but that guy has class.
    Mark my words, Mike James will never be the starting point guard for an NBA championship team with his piss-poor attitude. ... There is nobody on a 12th place team that should have an ego like that, not even Bosh. If he's so good, then why are they in 12th?

20. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I prefer TMac playing PG and Mike James our starting SG if Rafer still keeps himself out of the circle.

I do not think it's a waste of talent for TMac to distribute the ball for us considering that he is the best amongst our other guards and Mike James can shoulder TMac's scoring duties.