1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start "Katelyn Faber" chant at Game 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by paymon, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

how about chanting "no means no!"

2. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

LOL I disgust you? Really? from a post? lol That fact that you "think" you know me kinda humors me. To say that I don't know "nothing" about rape victims because you read a post is quite silly. I happen to know enough about rape and a little more about liars. So be disgusted....I'm sorry I don't believe the basketball player that I can't stand raped that woman. So the way I "typed" about the situation probably did bother you....it's not that I have some racial agenda (far from it and sorry if it comes off like that) it's that I DON'T buy her story. This is a message board man....it's meant for opinons and views.....don't get sick on me lol

#62 sjackson0, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

How about chanting nothing to Kobe. Last thing we want to do is motivate this guy to try and stick it too us anymore then he wants to already.

We as fans are always telling Artest to play smart and to not say anything that may piss off Kobe. We should do the same.

I'm all down for talking trash to Fisher, Odom, and anyone else but Kobe though.

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Classic internet message board crapola at its finest.

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

How about "Dirty Cheaters"? The guy is a cheater on and off court. Or we should chant "BATTIER" or "ARTEST" to pump up our players?

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Everyone should chant this: "KOBEEEEE....RAPISTTTTTT." That will definitely mess up his psychic.

Did you hear what Derick Fisher said?? He said they will do whatever it take it win..which mean even if it means playing dirty. So then why can't we do whatever it takes to win as FANS?? Chanting "KOBE...RAPIST" is going to haunt him and embarrass him and no doubt MESS UP his psychic because if you remember back then....that f***** was begging for mercy and was not the same. It has an huge effect on his life. So what better way to remind him and haunt his memory to mess up his psychic again?

7. Ashes

Ashes Member

Why is this thread still up?

No way should anyone in Houston stoop this low at the game. Have more class than that.

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Houston isn't dirty.

I hope you weren't serious.

Stop embarrassing Houston, if you are a Houstonion.

Rockets can win this series with class. Harder? Possibly.

And Kobe had an affair, he didn't rape anyone. Tracy McGrady has a kid outside of marriage. You don't see other cities talking about that.

Stay classy.

9. TheBigAristotle

Son's like school on saturday. No class.

10. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Funny idea but thats not the way Houston Rockets fans roll.
    We stick to the originals... Go Rockets and Defense

11. SeeingRocketRed

How about:

"ov-er-rated" clap clap clap-clap-clap "dirty player" EVERYTIME KOBE TOUCHES THE BALL.

It's clean. It makes the point. It annoys him into taking 40 shots and hurting his team.

No rapist chants. We aren't Utah. You can yell what you want, but chants should be pg-13 at worst, unless Kobe throws another elbow. Then I encourage you to storm the court. Okay, that's a joke. Sort of.

12. Raven

Raven Member

This is Houston, not Salt Lake City. Horrible suggestion.

13. tigereye

tigereye Member

I'm tired of this "Beat LA" crap....its old.

I wanna hear a different take on it ...maybe "**** LA"

14. fanwater

fanwater Member

Chant: "Kobe, elbow man, rape teen"

15. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

I'm all for it. Add in Rapist. And you got the perfect chants for that dingleberry.

16. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I'm going to be nice about this:

You don't know me, don't know the source I'm talking about and are doing exactly what Kobe and his team were hoping would be done, the "he's persecuted because he's black" trick. And why not? Worked for OJ, right. Let's go with that.

I'm a minority, I have corresponded with some of the biggest reporters and ex-reporters from ESPN and ESPN.com (none of whom is the person who gave me the info I mentioned above). I also know a tremendous amount about race relations both from my own experience and from scholarly study of same. I bring up the ESPN people because basically all of them are African-American and all of them respect my knowledge about Kobe, the NBA, etc. If they thought I was some anti-black conspiracy nut, then I doubt I would have been having conversations back and forth with any of them.

Now, if you really want the answer to why Kobe would 'have to' force himself on someone, then I give you two things to think about:

1. He was in Colorado to have knee surgery, I think the first serious surgery of his life. If you were an athlete with Kobe's fame and ability, and you were going under the knife on one of your wheels -- a critical part of your ability to play hoops -- would you be edgy? Maybe so. I would be.

2. This is the far more important thing than #1. Go and look up an article from, I believe, Newsweek (I'll look it up later, but can't do so right now) regarding Kobe Bryant. It's from some time ago, some time after the Colorado thing. Maybe 4 years ago, or so. I believe it was written by a woman. It is a long article about Kobe's background, and his struggles with socializing, girls, etc. This will give you the best answer anybody could about why Kobe married at such an early age and why he could have, possibly, forced himself on Faber.

What the article basically says is that because he grew up in Italy (foreigner) and then was in his celebrity bubble when he came back to the USA, Kobe never really had the chance to develop in a normal way, socially. This article is based on interviews, not speculation. It also says that after he was married his handlers/crew would hook Kobe up with girls just to build up his 'experience level,' so to speak. They felt he really didn't have a lot of interaction/comfortability with girls and so they were trying to help him out with that.

Ok, so then fast forward to Colorado. You have a guy who is going under the knife the next day, or whatever. He might be edgy. Some chick who doesn't seem to be the most reluctant person in the world with hooking up is liking the attention from him. Kobe decides to try to hook it up and invites her to the room. He's good, it's all great and consensual, etc. But he takes it a different direction she doesnt want to go and it gets out of hand. Do you think something like that seems plausible with a guy who isn't the most experienced, apparently, is likely kind of stressed out about his knee and who ended up with blood on his shirt from the encounter?

This kind of thing happens all the time. Mike Tyson (a guy I've always liked), who was as rich and famous as you could be, supposedly raped a girl. Why? Because Mike wasn't good at dealing with girls and got over-aggressive. Again with someone who was liking Mike's attention.

JJ Reddick, didn't he have something along these lines, too (if not, my apologies for bringing him up). It's not about race, it's more about guys who spend their lives in sports, may not be socialized particularly well but often feel like they can get away with stuff others may not try. Or else they just might not know that they have to take things a little slower, communicate a bit more, ...

Had Kobe done that with Faber, none of this may have happened. In other words, Kate may have been fine with what Kobe wanted, allegedly, if he would have just chilled a bit and worked his way up to it, so to speak.

But he didn't. Which is what the statement said, acknowledging she didn't think it was consensual. There's a name for non-consensual sex, and I think we all know what it is.

I hope that you check out that other article, from Newsweek or whatever. Best behind-the-scenes look at Kobe I've ever seen. I'll post a link later if no one else does.

Finally -- my source saw the documents, and is trained as a lawyer. They saw them, and know what they were looking at. Period.

Peace out and go Rocks!

17. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Here's one version of the article I'm talking about, from Newsweek:

The writer is Allison Samuels, an African-American journalist who covered (not sure if she still does or not, just don't know) Kobe for Newsweek since he came into the league (so at least like 5-6 years at that point), and who has said she likes Kobe personally and the article was the hardest thing she ever had to write.

I found two articles, one from June 2003 and one from October 2003. The June one I don't have full access to. The October one was a Newsweek cover story and has most of the material I recalled. It is titled (at least on the cover): "The Kobe Bryant You Don't Know." Here's the link to the full article:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-05-2003/0002029827&EDATE=

In the article it says that at some point during the Faber encounter, she began to cry hysterically and she wanted to leave but Kobe wouldn't let her. And he freaked out and started to panic.

And that's HIS side's version of the story.

In other words, when your version of events says that you began to panic and you wouldn't let the girl leave, you're not dealing from a real position of strength.

Read what the accuser's side says, too.

All of this jibes with what my source told me. It also jibes with Kobe's statement after the settlement, though I think he lied about his part of that, unless he feels that her entering the room at all gave him 'consent' to do whatever the heck he felt like. He may have genuinely felt that way, which is sad -- but not out of line with what other famous people feel about their 'rights' vs others' rights -- but possible.

Hope all this info helps those who want to understand more about this situation.

I don't hate Kobe. I think he's a punk with adjustment issues. Serious ones. I also think he forced Shaq out and does not have the right mentality to be a leader on a championship team. He is too self-focused.

Another great story that includes Kobe, but is not all about him, was an ESPN the Mag piece from like 3 years ago or so in which a noted sports psychologist/team consultant (for various pro teams) goes over the 5 categories that determine, to him, who will and will not be successful at high-level sports. Kobe and MJ are the same on all findings except one, and I think that one is about being outer-directed vs inner-directed. MJ was outer directed, and Kobe is inner-directed, or something like that. And this is why it's tough for Kobe to be a real leader, apparently, and why he's usually more absorbed into himself and his own stats/image than focused on the team. I highly recommend that piece as well to people here, and if I have a chance I'll look it up and link it, also.

18. torontosky1018

no way, he was raped.

19. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

You're welcome, pmac. You make a lot of great points. You're right, there is a lot of gray area in this consensual-to-rape sphere, and I certainly know what you mean with "it was all good until a few hours later" stuff as well. I think most adult men do.

I can't find the article from ESPN the Magazine about the sports psychology stuff, Jordan and Kobe. Sorry about that. If anyone else can help with that piece, please do. It's a good read.

sjackson0: I have no beef with you, friend. There are a lot of people who feel as you do. And there is a long, disgraceful history in this country which gives very good cause for people to feel that way.

The thing that makes me upset is when someone like a Kobe Bryant (or anyone) uses an unfortunate history for their own benefit. I would say the same about someone like George Wallace, the racist Democratic Governor of Alabama who used race issues to gain political office. Nobody should be using the race issue as a political (or legal) football, in my opinion.

The only thing that matters to me is did Kobe do this or not. I don't care what race he is, what race Faber is, etc.

When the Duke lacrosse stuff came out, I thought those guys were guilty. I turned out to be wrong but I didn't side with or against them because of what their background was but because of what I knew about the case.

In the Kobe - Colorado situation, I was fortunate enough to come into more information than would normally be the case. That's what I'm going off of. One other thing -- the person who gave me the info is not anti-Kobe, much as the woman who wrote the Newsweek piece I posted a link to, above, isn't anti-Kobe. They just wrote and said what they found in their investigations.

Hopefully the chants tomorrow night will be civil but will distract and un-focus the Lakers and the Roxs will be up 2-1 after Game 3.