1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start "Katelyn Faber" chant at Game 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by paymon, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

I don't know what the politics is of the people on the BBS, but I would suspect that a current fan of the NBA is pretty open-minded about race relations. I don't think you can claim that the people here had the mindset you attribute to them. Moreover, how can you say that someone's source is bogus but your naked assertions are true? I know Kobe and every other baller get tons of tail throw their way (all shapes, sizes and colors). That doesn't mean he didn't rape this particular girl. Finally, your credibility on this subject is completely lost when you throw out a number like $200,000 to settle this case. It was definitely in the millions.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Or "Stay Classy San Diego." - The Great Ron Burgundy

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Thanks, this is what i was looking for. It seems somewhat likely in that she was more than willing to have relations with him but just not in that way. I could also see it as the humiliation factor. Maybe she had relations with him (in that way) and he got overly agressive and he didn't treat her as she would have liked when he was finished (you know what i mean) and she was intent on ruining him. That also seems plausible.

The initially consensual relations turned rape scenario is a big gray area. Hard to tell what really happened other than just believing one individual. I'm not the type of person to label someone something as heinous as rapist without knowing they are guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Why would you want to chant her name. Doens't make sense!

It's better to chant "Kobe is a rapist." That'll mess up his psychic.

5. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I can't believe this thread is still open.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I do, and i would assume many people here know atleast one person who has been raped/molested. I don't agree with most of what sjackson0 said but it does seem suspect that the alleged victim would engage in sexual activity soon after being raped...if that is the case.

7. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Noooo!
    Let's stick with "Go Rockets" please.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't want to get into this debate here, but it is very possible for that to be a normal occurrence. We don't know what went on after the incident. Perhaps she was trying to keep it to herself, her boyfriend wanted some action and then she broke down in shame afterwards. We just don't know.

FWIW, I am in no way saying Kobe is guilty. I have no clue what went on in that room just like most of us don't.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL...

I think that's what he....oh, nevermind.

10. justtxyank

Haha I almost made this same post ima

11. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

That's the problem with rumors and the most dangerous thing about the Internet echo chamber. False claims just spread and people eventually forget the original source and assume that what they hear is true, conveniently focusing on the "facts" that support their preconceived notion of a situation (i.e., if you think or want to believe that Kobe is innocent, you will emphasize the "facts" that exonerate him and vice versa).

12. phi slam jam

phi slam jam Member

if fisher and kobe are not suspended as per the books then the NBA autocracy needs to be overthrown with guerilla tactics. (just like ron went up to kobe).

i approve, but we shouldnt use her name.

13. Precision340

Precision340 Member

14. Precision340

Precision340 Member

chant 'cheater, cheater!!'

15. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

stay classy?

In this series, it's another way of saying let's face it, we're not good enough to win.

If yuo allow yourself to get bullied by the way the lakers played last night, might as well raise a white flag and go fishing.

16. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

What? I wasn't claiming that people had a certain mindset....I made an opinion that's obviously different from yours. You are welcome to your views....we see this issued differently. I still think his source is bogus...bogus as hell. None of it adds up for me and what about my credibility? Because I "throw" out a random dollar amount? You're right...I don't have credibility when it comes to this case because I DON'T KNOW what happen that night, but that's why it's my opinion. So you saying she definitely got millions earn you credibility? No...Just another random opinion because you know no more than anyone else. So, save it

You think he's a basketball shooting, cocky black rapist
    I think she is white girl who lied because she slept with a black athlete and didn’t want her white boyfriend to find out about it.

It's not personal....just our opinions tslee98.
    We still have RED in common lol

17. justtxyank

OH lord

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yell RAPIST when he is at the free throw line.

19. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

For sure we are definitely in their heads. They thought we were going to be an easy sweep but their asses got fooled. No they are going to face the wrath of hell in the Rockets.

20. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

did that offend you?

If so, i'm sorry