1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start "Katelyn Faber" chant at Game 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by paymon, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

That's Jazz stuff. Leave it at home.

Buy Tix. Wear Red. Show up. Be Loud.

Like I've been doing and will be doing this weekend, coming from out of town, again.

2. Mr. Space City

please Houston don't stoop down to a mormon utah and bankrupt detroit level

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He was NOT acquitted at all, they couldn't press forward because Kobe paid off the girl not to testify.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

DD

4. archinkent

archinkent Member

just googled her. never knew how she looked like, but damn, why kobe would go for someone like her when hes married to a way hotter chick, who knows.

5. Serg300

Serg300 Member

STAY CLASSY
    [​IMG]

6. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Have u guys lost your mind??? this is beyond classless, this is cruel

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, you can not do this out of respect for the victim....come on people....

DD

8. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Slow down with the rape thing...I can't stand the dude, but Kobe dont have to rape white women. He has more puss thrown at him in a day then the rest of us have had in 2 lifetimes. It was a bogus story from jump. The b!tch should have been put on blast for lying.

9. Super Von

Super Von Member

Uhh. Horrible thread.

But LA was chanting Houston Sucks.

10. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

He did it.

I know someone whom I trust, a reporter, who has looked at the entirety of the court documents.

Here's what happened, basically, in a clean version: Faber agreed to one kind of act. Kobe wanted to do another act, and she said no. He did it anyway, blood was spilled, yada yada yada.

Kobe was never acquitted, as Dakota said. The judge was so incompetent and allowed things to come out about Faber that shouldn't have that Faber lost faith in the process, at least under that judge. So her lawyers worked a settlement out with Kobe's crew. Go and read the settlement statement and see what Kobe says, then pretend he didn't do it.

All that being said, Faber shouldn't be dragged into this. Kobe's a punk, and a non-convicted rapist (in my book and according to what I was told by the above trusted source), but the girl shouldn't be dragged into this.

Kobe's a studio gangster, always was. He'll get his, as he has before. I remember when Chris Childs of the Knicks clocked him during one game.

If you want to ride Kobe for Colorado, just do a "Col-or-a-do" chant, or something like that which doesn't involve the girl. Or better yet, just do something like a "Le-Bron James, M-V-P" chant. That will enrage Kobe, who is clearly not what he once was, physically.

Yes, I know -- I haven't posted much since 1999. What do you want? :D

11. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Although I despise Kobe, but I honestly didn't think he 'raped" Katelyn Faber.

If you really believe Kobe did it, then by chanting the victim's name in
    a basketball game on national TV hurts the victim more than Kobe. It
    also shows how classless Rockets fans will be if that happen. So.. that's
    a big No no.

12. amadeus

amadeus Member

Don't involve the innocent.

13. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

See my post, #30.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Thank you -- beat me to it. Except I don't think he paid her off -- it was more that Kobe and his legal team went with the despicable kitchen sink strategy of make the girl seem like the biggest w**** on the planet, and our legal system/public lets accused rapists get off the hook with that, time after time. She was tired of having her life ruined and she gave in -- it's the same reason so many rapists go on for years. They end up having their lives ruined by the trial process, and most of them can't deal with it. And can you blame them?

I agree that a "Katelyn Faber" chant would be incredibly insensitive to her, but I don't think a "No Means No" chant would be out of line, at all. San Antonio fans did that a couple of years ago and I laughed my ass off. :)

15. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

That, I would have to laugh at.

16. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I don't like the dude either....but your source is bogus. I know many want to believe this chic is so pure and untainted and HOW DARE this big black guy put his hands on her.

Bottom line...Kobe is a punk for cheating on his wife and kids. He smashed the chic...she wanted it and then wanted up the arse too. Problem was she has a boyfriend and he found out and then she had to make up something quick to keep her boyfriend. You know...they say if you're are raped by someone, the last thing on your dome is smashing your boy/girlfriend that same day and once again in the morning. I think that's how the story goes, but she's NO victim in my eyes. She WON....she *****ed a Punk NBA Superstar, get's paid probably 200g's to let it die because of bad press for Kobe's endorsements and then pretty much get's away with a lie.

America the beautiful

oh well

Screw Kobe....but i doubt that he needs to rape chics when he has his pick anytime and any place.

17. aghast

aghast Member

Bryant's statement:
    Won't exactly fit on a placard to wave around the Toyota Center, e.g.

but that's Bryant's public statement of contrition, as mandated by their settlement.

To the OP, it would be extremely poor taste to bring it up, whichever side (or both) you believe.

I agree; Bryant's legal team was trying to paint the alleged victim as loose, a common tactic in such cases. (I don't care how many samples were taken from consensual sex acts; her body, her choice. That's the entire point.) They were attempting to ruin her in public opinion. At the same time, Bryant's legal team was busy trying to suppress Bryant's shirt with her bloodstains on it. Ultimately, insofar as no ironclad circumstantial evidence was leaked, it would depend on her word against his.

However, note the verb tense on, "No money has been paid." That does not mean, per the concluding paragraph, that he did not ultimately pay, just that he had not yet signed the check as of the moment he read the apology. I would be highly doubtful that money did not change hands as part of the civil case settlement that precluded her participation in the criminal trial. Personally I would never publicly apologize to someone who falsely accused me of rape, much less pay any amount of settlement money for the privilege of doing so.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You know absolutely nothing about rape and rape victims. Please, don't post further on the topic. Just the way you type about the situation disgusts me personally.

19. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

The "No Means No" chants were epic back in the day.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Coming from those douchebags, I take that as a compliment.

Just proves that we're in their heads.