1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Eason - bench Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Jalen Green games played: 21. 20+point games: 11. So more than 50% of his games is apparently "rarely shows up." As always, the hate train ignores the facts and tries to hyperbole their argument into existence.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If you score 20 and shoot 25 times that isn't good.

DD

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green has played the 4th most minutes in his draft class, he currently ranks 20th in win shares....a compilation metric that gives an advantage to players who play the most minutes....so long as they don't REALLY suck. Usman Garuba, who has already washed out of the NBA, is 24th in that draft class in the same metric.

If we neutralize that metric to take away the advantage of more playing time, he's 38th in his own draft class.

He's 40th in his own draft class in VORP.

What you call "the hate train" is merely people pointing out the obvious. Only the most delusional of fanbois are still clinging to the notion that Jalen Green has been any good at all.

maj21 and csc177 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

This doesn't tell the entire story. context matters. his efficiency is still very bad which is the biggest flaw thats brought up that's warranted that folks want to see progress. This is pretty much him in a nutshell. a number of games of horrible efficiency then sprinkle in 1 or 2 games of the potential. Folks want to see less variance and in your 3rd year, it should be expected for a guy with high expectations

in those 11 games

10/27 - 22 pts. It took 20 shots
    10/29 - 21 pts. It took 20 shots
    11/1 - 23 pts. It took 16 shots
    11/6 - 23 pts. It took 9 shots
    11/8 - 28 pts. It took 15 shots
    11/10 - 25 pts. It took 18 shots
    11/17 - 20 pts. It took 16 shots
    11/22 - 34 pts. It took 26 shots
    11/24 - 25 pts. It took 18 shots
    11/29 - 26 pts. It took 12 shots
    12/8 - 25 pts. It took 17 shots

it’s never been something to praise getting 20 pts when you took as many shots to get it.

#264 YOLO, Dec 15, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    Corrosion likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Again that’s your take. Your interpretation.

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Cam doesn’t pass bruh

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He has been in the Gleague averaging 3 assists per game.

DD

8. vince

vince Member

Even when I was growing up in the 80’s and 90’s many of the top recruited 18 and 19 year olds fizzled in college and were never heard of again. They don’t always pan out, no fault of their own, but they just don’t have the ability to adjust and cope with elite competition; even though physically they may have the gift, just not the mental fortitude.

There were the sure things like Moses Malone, Garnett, and Lebron James. Even Kobe fell to like the mid teens.

I am hopeful that Green takes a real good step forward, and there is still time, but pretty soon he will be on the wrong side of potential and he will be described as what he’s been able to produce.

But the reality is that there is no sure way of determining if Green is going to blossom into the max level player. He hasn’t demonstrated consistently he is much more than a rotational player. Though he obviously has the talent to still be an MVP guy, but the clock is ticking.

NewAge likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, yeah, but not every take holds equal weight. A take grounded in reality is far superior to delusional fanboi BS.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....you realize that's not great for a guy with his kind of gravity. Teams KNOW he is trying to get downhill and dunk on people so they collapse on him quickly. I've only watched limited RGV games so I don't know if that is an artifact of bad shooting by his teammates but when you compare that to what Amen did in his RGV stint, it's apparent how big of a gulf there is between them as facilitators.

Stephen_A likes this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Again that’s your reality little Bobby. Your thoughts and your biases and you’re certainly entitled to them. Not everyone agrees with your reality. I find it funny and telling that your discussion with me had nothing to do with supporting evidence on why Tari or Brooks or whatever forward you think is a 2 guard can be placed in the starting lineup. Instead it turned into another tired “Jalen Green sucks” rant. I also think it’s funny how easily you get triggered just from me saying “This is your interpretation”.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Cam's role is not going to be as a facilitator even though he can facilitate now and then. I agree getting 3 assists in the fastest-paced offense in the G-League isn't much to write home about, but for Cam, it's progress. lol. The problem is he's going to be going from the fastest-paced G-League team to one of the slowest-paced NBA teams while going from the #1 option to the #? option. Amen and Cam have different roles in the G-League and will in the NBA. Right now, Amen's role is as a facilitator/PG who can possibly play 3 positions. He doesn't look to put up 30 points, but would rather get somebody else 30 points. Cam's role seems to be to be a primary scorer as well as help bring the ball up the court. Right now, he's looking to score 30 points.

Amen and Cam both have all-world athleticism and are built like brick houses, but their current roles and probably expected roles are damn-near 180-degrees apart.

burlesk and glimmertwins like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No kid, that's OBJECTIVE REALITY...something you choose to reject in order to hold on to fanboy delusions. I'm not "triggered" by your pathetic deflection attempts, I just point them out to be what they are.

You have to pretend to believe that literally every basketball metric is biased against your boy Green to hold on to your pathetic delusions.....a horribly embarrassing position to find yourself in.

I just said that Tari or Books have the positional flexibility to defend the 2 and this season both Tari and Brooks have played at the 2, 3, and 4 at different times as a result of that flexibility. When you have flexible guys like that, and a hole at the SG spot, it makes sense to plug them in instead of going with a really terrible player.

Sticking to the stance that the 8th or 9th best player on the roster should be starting simply due to the position they label themselves as is about as hot a take as you'll find even in the GARM.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think u have to put up percentage if u want to highlight his inefficiency. Is hitting 50% of his shots to get 20+ pts a bad thing? I do wish he was more consistent with his offense but anti green folks like double d spinning it like the man is ball hogging and ball chucking to get 20 pts a game.

25 shots to reach 20 pts my a$$.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I totally get what you are saying. I think big picture, Cam doesn't have to be a point guard like Amen but he DOES have to be able to read when defenses collapse on him and pass out if he is going to be an effective player. Otherwise defenses WILL just collapse on him and he will either get a foul call or put up a really bad shot(that to his credit he might actually make). It's his fatal flaw he has to improve on to unlock the minutes we all see that he deserves. He's like the hobbled leg version of the Karate Kid right now - dude has to develop that counter to unlock himself.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean the % doesn’t help the case either. You can already get an idea of the percentage with the number of shots taken and the end result of total points

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol stop it lil bobby

18. maj21

maj21 Member

It’s straight up delusional for anyone to think Jalen Green is Him. He’s a microwave scorer, but definitely hasn’t been worth the pick.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's good that you didn't even attempt to refute anything I just said, you'd have only embarrassed yourself further.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Jalen isn't good at basketball, he is a stellar athlete with a poor BBall IQ, and a spotty shot.

A shooting guard who can't shoot, yeah, let's hold on to that guy.

DD

xtruroyaltyx likes this.