1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Eason - bench Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 29, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If the Rockets are really TRYING TO WIN NOW, we need to address some of the deficiencies on the court from our starting 5.

Green is an ISO player who is still trying to find his way, and left to his own, it isn't working.

Let's try this lineup

Fred - PG
    Brooks - SG
    Eason - SF
    Bari - PF
    Sengun - C

That lineup is amazing on D, and rebounds like mad and has a nice well rounded group of cutters and shooters.......

Green should be a better shooter but he isn't and his BBALL IQ is pretty low......

And Eason gives you way more defense, and rebounding........

We need to put Jalen on the bench and let him try to find his way as a 6th man, he isn't good enough at basketball right now and hasn't earned a starting role, IMHO.

DD

#1 DaDakota, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    solid, Tankeio, albuster and 21 others like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't bench Green, I think we shouldn't overreact - but I would like to see Tari get like 30 minutes a game. And that lineup would be interesting, for extended stretches.

4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seeing Bari and Tari on the floor together with Brooks last night was a bit of a revelation. I wish Jalen was playing at a level where we wouldn't have this discussion but it actually has merit now. Coach Udoka needs to play the matchups and last night was an example of a team where more Tari and less Jalen would have been beneficial.

albuster, Sonicbun8, 13 in 33 and 2 others like this.
  5. vince

vince Member

I would not give up on Green. But I do subscribe to the notion that Eason should be getting closer to 25 minutes a game.

perhaps bring Green down to 26-28 minutes a game. Though Green has been showing a commitment to defense, so it may attribute to his decreased offensive showing.

joshuaao, HardenReturns and Y2JT like this.
  6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

No need to overreact.

Once Amen gets back, I'm expecting a minutes reduction which may benefit Green.

Sonicbun8 and topfive like this.
  7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Aren't we 8-7? is that not a winning record? We were 22-60 last year. We didn't get to 8 wins last year until mid December. Our record then was 8-18.

What were your expectations for this season?

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What about Matas Buzelis at SG

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

44-38, still is.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Jalen is a young player. The Rockets aren’t trying to be contenders this year, but they want to be competitive while continuing to grow the young talent. I feel they are doing that. Green has been disappointing on the road, obviously, but let’s give him time to work through it.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Not that I agree with benching Green right now, but what does your post have to do with this topic?

Sonicbun8, beardsanity713 and HD729 like this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Jalen deserves more time to figure it out but I wouldn’t mind closing with this lineup.

13. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Use this lineup in 4th quarter at road games. Jalen gets nervous in big moments especially against good teams at road.

HardenReturns likes this.
  14. DaDakota

No one is giving up on Jalen, but if this team is a MERITOCRACY he doesn't deserve to start, and hasn't earned it.

We are better with others starting than him, let him work his way back from the bench.

If not starting at least FINISHING with this lineup, Green just is disappointing and not helping the team win - he just needs to find his way - and the 6th man role needs a scorer - so.....

DD

Sonicbun8, dfbreyes and HardenReturns like this.
  15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

So when he starts finishing at the rim better, which alot of his naysayers point out as a reason he disappoints , then how you're gonna view him? Because Eason just as bad at that.. Jus sayin!

Monkeychef02 likes this.
  16. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Bench Shingen Start Tari. Let Jabari play 5.

17. DaDakota

It is not about finishing at the rim, Eason just fits better - with the style we are playing- Green is an ISO player right now - and not a good one either - he needs so much fundamentally that he is a WIP at best.

Great athleticism - poor handle, poor left hand, poor BBall IQ - just a guy that needs a ton of work...

DD

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We all wanted Eason to remain in the game during the 4th last night. Maybe I should start a thread.

BamBam, htownborn34, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, this.

vince likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk where this low bbiq criticism and iso player description for green is coming from. Especially from a guy who been defending kpj for years.

It's feel like projecting if more than anything when u see double d btch about green.

I'll b generally surprised if ime removed green from the starting line up. We still have a positive win record so just chalk it up to the usual knee jerk reactions.

Stephen_A, duluth111222, Bo6 and 5 others like this.